News:

--

Main Menu

My Feature Requests v2

Started by jan771, April 01, 2017, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan771

I have some Feature Requests:
1. Avidemux allows demuxing Video and Audio and saves in raw-Files.
It would be great if you could create a New plain Container and add a Video and Audio in order to mux them together. Menu "Video" would be a good place for it. I know it is Avidemux and not mkvmux, but time is coming by...

2. When Saving Videos, the Audio delay seems to be ignored. At least when muxed, the audio is not synchrone and MediaInfo shows a different Audio-Delay when entered. This makes Encoding Audio barely impossible. In Windows 7 x64 - I convert video streams having a documented audio delay in the container. Once I recode them, the delay will be different, but not the value I entered and also not the difference of both. This is the case with nearly all container formats.

3. Is there an Image Stabilisation Filter to be imported from somewhere? This is urgendtly needed for action cam films and also for some old polaroid movies having a "jumping image". Having such a filter would improve compression rates drastically.

4. Please import some of those legacy media filters lke those some day. Also unless encoding legacy polaroid and magnetic media movies takes much more space than encoding digitally remastered movies.
http://www.engon.de/audio/vhs4.htm

5. Saving a certain set of filters, like a codec preset. I normally use exactly 4 filters with the same settings. Best way would be to add template scripts below project scripts.
Suggetsion: Rename the Menu item project-script to "Scripts" and add an option File->Script-> Template-Script and also File->Script->Video-Filter-Script and also File->Script->Audio-Filter-Script maybe resulting in 5 Options in Total for Scripts.

6. Error Scanning like in VirtualDub would be great.

7. Most important: mts File support is not given for German TV Broadcast in DVB-t2 hevc 1080p 50fps.

8. Setting meta-infos for the video-files. As well the container Meta tags, like: "Copyright", "Publisher", "Description", "Artist" as also the file meta infos you can add in the browser in windows: "Description", "Genre", "Codec", so can not even sort by container type, but also by codec.

9. I preferred working with frames in a second instead of milliseconds, unless the exact frame to cut woiud be easier to find then.

10. Selection of place, where to save idx files, so you can directly open VIDEO_TS Files.

11. A Language or CheckBox "Director's Comment" in the Audio Lane Menu

12. Possibility to import/export or "use" ColdCut CutLists for video files.

13. Delogo2 Filter increase decrease position and size increase by 4,8,16 - not as is by 5 - increases Compression a bit!

14. Crop-Filter also partly, requirement: outsize=identical - needed if a polaroid movie is jumping from left to right, or a TV Info is shown below and later above.

eumagga0x2a

1. One more container format would be a good candiate for the most useless thing in the world.

2., 5., 7. --> http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17620.msg79983.html#msg79983

3. No, could you contribute one?

Jan Gruuthuse

Image Stabilisation Filter aka Deshaker, videostab, vid.stab, Stabbo, ...

Developers: Perhaps th(ese/is) is useful:
- http://adaptivesamples.com/2014/05/30/camera-stabilisation-with-ffmpeg/
-Stabbo http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171250

AQUAR

For stabilisation of shaky video's you could "pre-process" using avisynth or vapoursynth. 

jan771

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 01, 2017, 10:32:24 PM
1. One more container format would be a good candiate for the most useless thing in the world.
I don't mean a new container format, I just want to be able to mux the files I just demuxed with ffmpeg, because I achieved demuxing the German DVB-T2 mts file Broadcast with ffmpeg but cannot cut nor mux them afterwards - the cutting points are always wrong and the audio won't be synchrone anymore. Thus, I need a HD muxer with UI.

eumagga0x2a

You don't need stand-alone FFmpeg to cut and remux DVB-T2 HD streams. Avidemux 2.6.19 handles them just fine with MKV as the target container.

edit: by the way, you need powerful hardware or working hardware HEVC decoding acceleration to play 1080p 50fps videos with A/V in sync (e.g. my desktop PC is too weak for this task, a recent "Retina" MacBook turns out to be fast enough).

jan771

It is no Hardware issue. I can play the HEVC .mts files with 15% CPU usage.

Merging the files with cutting points with ffmpeg results in Sound-delay like 30secs or so. Apparently it cuts the audio different than the video.

How do I procede when muxing Video with Audio? I have the split HEVC Video and the Audio file but I cannot add the video file, only the Audio file if I opened another container. I just want Avidemux to also create a plain container!?

And please note, that v 2.6.19 still cannot handle those mts HEVC files.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: jan771 on April 03, 2017, 02:48:31 PM
Merging the files with cutting points with ffmpeg results in Sound-delay like 30secs or so. Apparently it cuts the audio different than the video.

Do you have the original transport stream or just raw video and audio streams? If the latter, you've probably lost. You need the original transport stream.

QuoteAnd please note, that v 2.6.19 still cannot handle those mts HEVC files.

I've tested this myself with my own DVB-T2 HD recordings and v2.6.19 handles them (cuts, remuxes) totally fine. If your source files are different, please provide a sample.

jan771

Yes, I still have the mts files, but they are not usefull neither, unless Avi does not work for me.
I use K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1300_Mega.exe
and tried:
win32 2.6.19 Final Install (32 bits), FossHub,
win64 2.6.19 Final Install (64 bits), FossHub,

and both are not functional

eumagga0x2a

Which application or device created these files? Please provide a sample (~300 MiB).

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: jan771 on April 03, 2017, 05:53:24 PM
Yes, I still have the mts files, but they are not usefull neither, unless Avi does not work for me.
I use K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1300_Mega.exe
and tried:
win32 2.6.19 Final Install (32 bits), FossHub,
win64 2.6.19 Final Install (64 bits), FossHub,

and both are not functional
- http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win64/
- http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win32/
latest date

jan771

Haha, good joke, Nightly build also crashes, tells that aften.exe is missing!? What did you do there?
The crash moment is as follows: The Index can be built up until 100% with version 19, the Windows Size changes to large, and maybe it is because my windows is not FullHD? At least it stays black and also the play and ff buttons don't activate. Then avidemux won't be reacting anymore.

The Device was Comag SL30T2, but I think it is just saving the exact streams from Channels "ZDF HD" and "Das Erste HD". Unless ffmpeg can split and merge the files I think they are correct. One issue was, that TSdemux did not recognize the frame rate as 50fps, although written in the meta, so I had to set it manually via ffmpeg. Also, there are a lot of menu items included maybe? MediInfo Screenshots attached.

I will also record some 1min samples for you. But give me some days.

Jan Gruuthuse

Original recording not the TSdemux one. Approx 10 seconds to 1 minute maximum.
Info: Upload Hochladen Télécharger Subir

jan771

It is possible that AviDemux can also not decode the Subtitiles. ffmpeg works, but only if you turn off with -sn -dn option in command line for disabling Subtitles and "d".

See attached the Link to the shared folder with the hevc file Comag SL30T2 as mkv, transcoded and shortened with ffmpeg from mts file.
https://cloud.gmx.net/ngcloud/external?guestToken=djXXsvFRRsaWTpYg-9jgbQ&loginName=@334663428440331676#/:

A further Issue are bad packets within the Transport Stream. So there should be an Option to repair Timestamps and packets, unless it is normal, that mts files contain errors. I have two files that have a bad timeline and cannot be converted, errors cause exit of conversion:

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux neither decodes nor saves subtitles in TS streams, they are dropped.