News:

--

Main Menu

Interesting Bug

Started by naszdom, April 06, 2017, 12:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naszdom

I am using Avidemux 2.6.19

If I use smartcutter to edit a TS file from a satellite recording and then use Avidemux for a simple conversion to mkv (copy video/copy audio) it always fails.  You get messages that the video has been saved but seems to be incomplete and has not saved correctly.

If I do a simple conversion to mp4 it always works and then a simple conversion from mp4 to mkv will then work.

eumagga0x2a

What does happen if you leave out smartcutter? What is the reason you resort to it in the first place?

Jan Gruuthuse

You can edit .ts sat recordings with avidemux.
See small video demo at our YouTube Avidemux Demo channel: Fast Edit with Copy Mode

eumagga0x2a

Actually, the log indicates that quite a lot of frames in the video have invalid decoding timestamps. The MKV muxer seems to treat this irregularity stricter than the MP4 one.

naszdom

I use smartcutter because its one of few programmes that will let you cut and preserve dvb subtitles in the output.  Programmes like videoredo will only keep text based subtitles. I'll have a go with avidemux but does it keep subtitles?

Regarding eumagga0x2a's point - I think it is smartcutter introducing invalid decoding timestamps. If you demux the edited TS and then try to remux into a mkv container it never works although the audio files seem complete.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: naszdom on April 06, 2017, 05:13:19 PM
>8 >8  I'll have a go with avidemux but does it keep subtitles? >8 >8
No, not for now, perhaps in (distant) future.