News:

--

Main Menu

Stuttering Frames

Started by Maveriick, April 10, 2017, 04:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maveriick

I have tried to remove some clips from a movie.  I made all my cuts on key frames but I still get frames that stutter, hang, or are otherwise garbled.  Am I doing something wrong.  I would like to upload a short clip to show my problem but it is too large to attach to this post.  How do I share a larger file?

Is there something in Avidemux setting I should change?  BTW, the files are MKVs going in and MKVs coming out.

Jan Gruuthuse

Make shure you're using the latest builds: http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/
Filesize: record 10 seconds or plus minus 100 MB
info: Upload Hochladen Télécharger Subir

Don't share GB files, unless you're asked for.

mean

There were some fixes regarding that recently, please check with nightly

Maveriick

:D Thank you :D

How stable are nightly builds?  Maybe I am doing something wrong but I could get the one last night to work.  It would load the movie but only display a green screen and no movie.

Jan Gruuthuse

You did delete the old .idx2 file for that video?
Check your preferences, sometimes you need the re-enter some settings.
Or delete found config2 / config3 from the installed avidemux (folder)
If you're on windows sometimes the installer (exe, if available) works better the replacing installed with contents from 7z.

eumagga0x2a

If you use Windows, disable DXVA decoding and if this doesn't suffice also DXVA display in Avidemux.

Maveriick

I just unzipped the contents and clicked on the executable.  Is there an install process?  When I installed 2.6.19 it had a windows installer.  How do I install the new one?  Am I better off uninstall the old one completely and then installing the new one?

I have never played with the settings.  is there something that can provide me some guidance in what settings I should be using given various situations?

mean

There are also installers

Maveriick

After install I am trying to run but I get an error message that says aften.exe is missing.  I tried reinstalling but there was no change.

Jan Gruuthuse

what installer did you use? win 32 or 64? date of the installer?

AQUAR

In case old installs are mixed in with new installs.

Try running ADM in its own folder as a portable.
To change it into a portable program, rename avidemux.exe to avidemux_portable.exe.
Use the zipped version of avidemux (not the installer version).