With latest nightly, I cannot add a png file to video

Started by AshleyQuick, April 11, 2017, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: AshleyQuick on April 21, 2017, 08:01:59 AM
>8>8 When I'm back on the main screen, I don't see the logo UNLESS I place a checkmark in "Play filtered" >8 >8

this is normal, without [v] Play filtered it shows source video

QuoteAnd, most importantly, when I save the video, it's still not there.

When you have the logo showing with [v] Play filtered, the saved video should also have the rendered logo.
You did play the newly saved video in a player (like vlc)?

describe your steps/workflow.

Just tested:

AshleyQuick

OK I finally got it to work. On this page, I read that I had to choose something other than "Copy" under "Video Output". I choose Mpeg4 AVC (x264), saved it as .mkv and voila.

Jan Gruuthuse

;) If you had looked at the video, you would have known.
Applying filters (changing what you see in video) always require choosing something else then [Copy] in Video Output

[Copy] is there just to cut/append video without re-encoding (not changing what you see in frames).

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: AshleyQuick on April 21, 2017, 08:59:18 AM
OK I finally got it to work. On this page, I read that I had to choose something other than "Copy" under "Video Output".

It seems like the fact that one can't manipulate a video (apart from cutting at i-frames) in any way without reencoding is not obvious for everyone. Will look into disabling the "Filters" button and shortcut if the copy mode is selected.

Jan Gruuthuse

Checked linux QT5 2.6.17:
Video Output: [Copy] = Filters is grayed out, not selectable
same on 2.6.15 app

AshleyQuick

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 21, 2017, 09:17:37 AM

It seems like the fact that one can't manipulate a video (apart from cutting at i-frames) in any way without reencoding is not obvious for everyone. Will look into disabling the "Filters" button and shortcut if the copy mode is selected.

Definitely not obvious! :)

And I apologize for missing it in the video. Thanks guys for your patience!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on April 21, 2017, 09:33:53 AM
Checked linux QT5 2.6.17:
Video Output: [Copy] = Filters is grayed out, not selectable
same on 2.6.15 app

You're absolutely right, MainWindow::comboChanged function took care of that since ages. Nevertheless, I've pushed a small patch which tweaks enabling and disabling codec widget controls a bit.