News:

--

Main Menu

Batch Convert files?

Started by Peter3, April 30, 2017, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter3

Hi, recently I started using Avidemux 2.6. I use it to convert .wmv files to .avi, converted to x264 codec and works fine.
Now I tried to batch convert bunch of short .wmv files to .avi
I used this script:

set avidemux="C:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.6 - 64 bits\avidemux_cli.exe"
set videocodec=x264
set audiocodec=MP3
for %%f in (*.wmv) do %avidemux% --video-codec %videocodec% --audio-codec %audiocodec% --force-alt-h264 --load "%%f" --save "%%f.avi" --quit

I wander how can I stop Avidemux to ask confirmation "Using H264/H265 in AVI is a bad idea, MKV is better for that."?
What to change in a script so confirmation dont show anymore?

I tried using xvid in a script but they sim worse quality, also I tried ffmpeg but that files are not readable in Virtualdub.

Jan Gruuthuse

If avidemux_cli does not asks for an input/response: nothing you can do.

If on windows this would require a redirection from a file. Like a reply: Yes or No or Enter
<yes.txthas as content: Yes

<no.txthas as content No

<return.txthas as content ascii 13 (linefeed)

btw, Why would you insist on using dated .avi container

EEMcGee

I think it is easier to do it this way with a .py file that you can modify or switch the whole .py file out for a different process.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Peter3 on April 30, 2017, 08:22:27 PM
>8 >8

I wander how can I stop Avidemux to ask confirmation "Using H264/H265 in AVI is a bad idea, MKV is better for that."?
What to change in a script so confirmation dont show anymore?

>8 >8

How you can you catch this within a script?

It requires every time a user interaction when saving h264/h265 into .avi container!

aldoniel

you catch this by reading the stdout of avidemux_cli or, you invoke avidemux.exe and write a script which clicks OK on the message box.

I have done this there : http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,18312.msg83954.html#msg83954