Avidemux-add Addlogo and MPlayer delogo2 filters - certain improvements

Started by praosv, May 11, 2017, 12:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praosv

The user interface of MPlayer delofo2 filter is very fine. But, quite unstable. The values entered change on their own. why?

As in vdub, please add the function of adding a script file with on and off based on frame numbers/timecode which automatically switches on and off based on the frame numbers entered. It is a very useful feature, especially while encoding video portions having ads. it saves time and the hassle of changing Addlogo and MPlayer delogo2 filters for every bit of encoding.

Further moving the filters up and down has become cumbersome since the removal of up and down arrows. Please restore that feature.
Also pl add frame numbers for the navigation bar.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: praosv on May 11, 2017, 12:53:39 PM
The user interface of MPlayer delofo2 filter is very fine. But, quite unstable.
Your used
- Operating system: version, 64-bit /32-bit?
- version of Avidemux?

QuoteThe values entered change on their own. why?
- What values exactly?
- What is your method of entering the values?
- When do these values change on their own?

I have not noticed this behaviour: see demo : Mplayer Delogo on Avidemux 2.6.18 Qt5 @ our Avidemux Demo YouTube channel

eumagga0x2a

Further moving the filters up and down has become cumbersome since the removal of up and down arrows. Please restore that feature.

Active filters are reordable using drag'n'drop if you use a recent (less than 5 days old) nightly build. No buttons though.

QuoteAlso pl add frame numbers for the navigation bar.

Frame numbers are pretty irrelevant in Avidemux 2.6 because modern codecs decode frames in a different order than they are displayed. Why do you want them back?

p3trus

The user interface of MPlayer delofo2 filter is very fine. ... The values entered change on their own. why?...
I've noticed the same - it happens when [de]activating the preview over and over, and have resized the blending box at least twice by mouse in the meantime. Some numbers keep creeping back to previous values when toggling the preview.

That's as far as I have reproduced it; wanted to make an own bug report when I find the time... ;)

One other thing that bugs me with the delogo filter: Why is the stepping of the input fields 5px (cursor keys/mouse wheel)? Should be 1px.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: p3trus on May 12, 2017, 12:40:55 PM
The user interface of MPlayer delofo2 filter is very fine. ... The values entered change on their own. why?...
I've noticed the same - it happens when [de]activating the preview over and over, and have resized the blending box at least twice by mouse in the meantime. Some numbers keep creeping back to previous values when toggling the preview.

Thank you for the precise STR, I can reproduce it now.

QuoteWhy is the stepping of the input fields 5px (cursor keys/mouse wheel)? Should be 1px.

Mean's IMHO justified design decision. You can enter any value within allowed range directly, but moving the rubber band using up/down arrow keys or even the arrows in the spinboxes is painfully slow with 1 stepping.

p3trus

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on May 12, 2017, 01:12:28 PM...
Mean's IMHO justified design decision. You can enter any value within allowed range directly, but moving the rubber band using up/down arrow keys or even the arrows in the spinboxes is painfully slow with 1 stepping.
For bigger steps, there's always Page-Up/-Down.
I just wondered about that 5, since all other filter settings [I can remember] use 1px, even those who are only allowed by steps of 2 (eg crop ... you can't crop 1px top + 1px bottom.. only by steps of 2, eg 2+0 or 2+2 ...)

eumagga0x2a

I must admit that I never tried to use PgUp/PgDown in spinboxes :-[
Despite these keys being sometimes awkward to use on Laptops, I'll investigate options to remove these setSingleStep(5) calls in the Ui_mpdelogoWindow constructor :)

The width and height or the rubberband changing on their own is a bug in flyMpDelogo::processYuv. I have a trivial fix ready, but pushing it now would come into conflict with a big patchset currently awaiting a decision about further course of action.

eumagga0x2a