BUG [FIXED 2019-08-24]: "Fade to black" filter broken from 2.7.2 and on

Started by admalex, August 23, 2019, 05:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admalex

Issue: I typically perform H264 encodings with some standard settings of my own regarding encoder bitrate and characteristics. Commonly, I use the "fade to black" filter to create fade-ins and fade-outs in the beginning and end of the movie, respectively. I never had an issue with the tasks. Since Avidemux v.2.7.2, the finished movie shows distorted colors during the time intervals where the "fade to black" filter operates.

As of now (Aug 23 2019) the issue has been persisting across Avidemux v.2.7.2 and the newer versions 2.7.3 and 2.7.4. I have only verified the issue for MacOS 10.14. You can find a brief video that illustrates the issue at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4phup99q9jbmlu/avidemux-fade_in_out-bug-test_video.mp4?dl=0
The file is "avidemux-fade_in_out-bug-test_video.mp4" (6.5 MB, 24"; look at the first 5 seconds and after the 19th second).

Thank you,
Alexander

eumagga0x2a

Confirmed, the issue present already in preview, not related to encoder. Looking into it.

eumagga0x2a

Should be fixed now, along with the "Fade" video filter, which suffered from the very same data type conversion issue with clang and thus macOS-only regarding official Avidemux builds.

Please don't hesitate to report any regressions spotted once you have verified that they are still present in the latest nightly build.

Thank you for your report.

admalex

Greatly appreciate quick response and action; thank you as always for the great software. Will modify post title to "solved" when I get to try a nightly build with the fix--or feel free to do so if you get there faster than me :)

eumagga0x2a

A fresh nightly build (190824) is now available. Please test whether the issue is fixed for you.

admalex

I confirm the issue I reported has been fixed in the said nightly build; thank you very much.

eumagga0x2a

Good, thanks. You should then stick with nightly builds until 2.7.6, probably.