News:

--

Main Menu

How to process the job queue on Mac?

Started by versluis, May 17, 2017, 09:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

versluis

Hello folks,

I've been using Avidemux on Windows for the last few days, all working well there. I've now installed it on my Mac, started editing and added jobs to the queue... but I can't figure out how to LAUNCH the queue. See, on Windows I have a second icon I can click - but on my Mac I only have one, namely to launch the main Avidemux app.

I've read somewhere to launch "avidemux3_jobs" on the command line, but I haven't got a clue where that's located, so don't know the full path to it. It's not inside the main bundle, I've checked there.

Any help is much appreciated!

mean

The bundling makes it difficult to package it on mac

versluis

Thanks Jan, I know how to get to the command line. What I don't know is how to process the job queue on Mac (I thought the subject was self explanatory).

Or is processing the queue not possible on Mac? In which case, why can I submit jobs to the queue but then not process it?

eumagga0x2a

If Avidemux is installed to /Applications (which happens when you drag the app extracted from the disk image to "Applications" in Finder), you should be able to try to run avidemux_jobs as

cd /Applications/Avidemux2.7.app/Contents/Ressources/bin
./avidemux_jobs

Unfortunately, avidemux_jobs fails to start on my system:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa" in "".

I'm completely new to macOS, so I'm not in a good position to contribute to a fix.

mean

if my memory is correct, LD_LIBRARY_PATH must point to the  folder with the libs

eumagga0x2a

Unless I've misunderstood you, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /Applications/Avidemux2.7.app/Contents/plugins/platforms which contains libqcocoa.dylib doesn't help.

mean

xxx/MacOs/Resources/lib or sthing like that

versluis

No luck here with $LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to either of these:

• /Applications/Avidemux2.6.app/Contents/Resources/lib
  • /Applications/Avidemux2.6.app/Contents/Resources/bin

mean

versluis

Thanks, mean!!! Works like a charm  ;D

For completion, here are the steps to run the jobs queue on macOS Sierra:

• download the latest nightly build from here: http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/osx_sierra/
  • set path for libraries with export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Avidemux2.7.app/Contents/Resources/lib
  • launch the queue with /Applications/Avidemux2.7.app/Contents/Resources/bin/avidemux_jobs
  • if successful, a GUI window appears to launch the queue, much like on the Windows version

eumagga0x2a

The step 2 is not required. It is also not needed with my private builds which contain the fix.

Edit: You're right, sorry. The step is not required if I launch avidemux_jobs from the folder where it is installed during compilation. Installing the app globally makes setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH necessary when launching avidemux_jobs or avidemux from the terminal.

versluis

So the job queue GUI comes up, but when I run the queue, the job fails with the following error message:

sh: avidemux3_cli: command not found

mean

mean