News:

--

Main Menu

Compiling for Windows Issues - Missing dll

Started by klwire, June 05, 2017, 07:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klwire

Hi everyone,

for personal needs I had to make small changes to the code. I use the most recent source code (2.7) available at git and I compile the code on Linux (Linux Mint 18.1).
When I compile the Linux version, everything is ok and the program starts. When I compile the windows version, everything goes well again. But when I try to start it, following error occurs:

(It says, that the libpre2-16-0.dll was not found)

Does anybody have an idea how to solve it?

Thanks in advance
klwire

mean

Did you use mxe to generate the compiler + lib ?

mean

eumagga0x2a

Do you use the bootStrapCrossMingwQt5_mxe.sh script? Probably something has changed in MXE, so try deleting the line 225 and replacing 226 with just

libpcre*.dll \

If you didn't delete the output and build folders, you could use the --rebuild --without-core --without-qt --without-cli --without-plugins option, which should just repackage pre-existing build and save a lot of time.

klwire

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 05, 2017, 08:16:56 PM
Do you use the bootStrapCrossMingwQt5_mxe.sh script? Probably something has changed in MXE, so try deleting the line 225 and replacing 226 with just

libpcre*.dll \

Yup, that's it! I had to change the file as mentioned above. Thank you, now it works!  :) :) :)

me444

But when using the  zipped-version ie. avidemux_r170709_win64Qt5_445.zip
i encounter the same problem with this missing DLL, and i do not build ADM by myself.

eumagga0x2a

Nightlies packaged as *.exe don't include libpcre2-16 too. This should not cause any problems if libpcre2 were absent on the build system. Maybe the build system was updated but the official packaging script not.