*** Error in `/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt5': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00000

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, July 14, 2017, 04:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

with build:
ba659e5            [plugins/logo] Use logo image location / last read dir instead of the program directory for the file dialog
Ubuntu 16.04.2 64-bit

seems to be one time only event, can't repeat this at will.

[ffTS] Closing
[~DIA_encodingQt4] 04:07:13-862  Destroying encoding qt4
[~DIA_encodingBase] 04:07:13-862  DiaEncodingBase: Destroying
*** Error in `/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt5': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000003e10cf0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========

eumagga0x2a

Did you use the logo filter during encoding as this crash occured? AFAIR you already mentioned such a crash before. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce it. Could be related to destruction of the file dialog opened when saving a video (not the one used in the logo filter GUI).

Jan Gruuthuse

Logo filter wasn't used. Saved video in copy mode (video/audio) with .ts muxer, tried switching to mkv muxer after it.
If I recall correctly: happens when using a newly installed build 1st time, update over previous install.
Did post due to extended info provided in terminal.

eumagga0x2a

So it didn't happen immediately when acknowledging the dialog about video successfully saved, did it? Precise steps to reproduce would be great. The last lines of the log that you didn't cut off suggest immediate crash while destroying the file dialog, which doesn't match your description.

Jan Gruuthuse

I don't have an exact timeline of events.
The video was saved. It could be the GUI was frozen before I attempted to switch to mkv muxer? Gui collapsed in the process. Only terminal was left closed with the provided info.