Nvidia Share (Shadowplay) garbage frames on first output, second overwrite is OK

Started by IsThisTheInterweb, July 15, 2017, 07:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsThisTheInterweb

Hello,

I use Avidemux to quickly cut and compress game recordings from Nvidia Share. However, sometimes the first saved or output file has green or highly pixelated garbage frames during playback with a lot of distortion as seen in the image below. These garbage frames are actually in the video and are consistent, as in, they're exactly the same garbage frames on replays and not "created randomly" every replay. However, when I save the video again, it usually doesn't have these aberrant frames anymore. As such, if I really want to ensure that the output files don't have these garbage frames, I automatically render the video twice, which is somewhat tedious and time-consuming. If I had to guess, it's almost as if the video is getting garbled when loaded into memory the first time so it results in garbled frames, but then if one saves it a second time, Avidemux perhaps reloads the file into memory again and overwrites with a more "accurate" copy? It's peculiar behaviour.

All this said, does anyone else have this problem with Share recordings? Confirmation would tell me that it isn't just my computer.

The input file is set at 50000 kpbs via Share's overlay and it doesn't matter what duration the video is, the problem will occur randomly.

Video Output is set as: Nvidia H264, High Quality, 25000 - 50000 kbps. I set it like this to reduce the file size by half, but maintain decent quality in the event that I feel like uploading them to some video service.

mean