News:

--

Main Menu

GOLD linker fix, please?

Started by Blues, September 01, 2017, 02:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues

My system linker is GOLD and every time I build Avidemux I forget it and the build fails. Any hope it could be fixed?

Here's the log just in case https://paste.pound-python.org/show/VS4C7uuQjQ4zVz9U3h28/

mean

you dont have XSharedMemory support
Not x11 ?

Blues

Hmm. Everything else works, and Avidemux builds with BFD linker no problem. I have this issue only with GOLD.

Blues

I guess this bug will never be fixed, right?

eumagga0x2a

Is the linker still missing XShmAttach? The function is defined in /usr/include/X11/extensions/XShm.h (belongs to libXext-devel) on Fedora, which is included in /usr/include/X11/extensions/Xvlib.h (belongs to libXv-devel) which is used when XVideo support is enabled. Is this the case on your system?

Blues

commonQt4/ADM_render/libADM_render6_QT5.so: error: undefined reference to 'XShmAttach'
Yup, still the same. Sorry for late reply, somehow I didn't expect anybody is interested in this issue. Builds fine with BFD linker.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Blues on August 09, 2019, 01:42:46 AM
commonQt4/ADM_render/libADM_render6_QT5.so: error: undefined reference to 'XShmAttach'
Yup, still the same.

This was not the question. The question was

QuoteThe function is defined in /usr/include/X11/extensions/XShm.h (belongs to libXext-devel) on Fedora, which is included in /usr/include/X11/extensions/Xvlib.h (belongs to libXv-devel) which is used when XVideo support is enabled. Is this the case on your system?

Would you please look into the header and report your findings? Otherwise no progress can ever be made on this topic.

Blues

Sorry, didn't pay attention. The only reference to XShmAttach in my /usr/include/X11/extensions/XShm.h is this:
Bool XShmAttach(
    Display*            /* dpy */,
    XShmSegmentInfo*    /* shminfo */
);

eumagga0x2a

Good, thanks, could you please check also whether XShm.h, which contains the function declaration, included in /usr/include/X11/extensions/Xvlib.h?

Blues

From my /usr/include/X11/extensions/Xvlib.h
#include <X11/extensions/XShm.h>

eumagga0x2a

Please try the patch attached.

diff --git a/avidemux/common/ADM_render/CMakeLists.txt b/avidemux/common/ADM_render/CMakeLists.txt
index 1bbd004dc..49495f261 100644
--- a/avidemux/common/ADM_render/CMakeLists.txt
+++ b/avidemux/common/ADM_render/CMakeLists.txt
@@ -74,7 +74,7 @@ IF (USE_DXVA2)
ENDIF (USE_DXVA2)

IF (USE_XV)
- TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${ADM_LIB} ${XVIDEO_LIBRARY_DIR})
+ TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${ADM_LIB} ${XVIDEO_LIBRARY_DIR} ${XEXT_LIBRARY_DIR})
ENDIF (USE_XV)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(${ADM_LIB}  ADM_coreUtils6)

diff --git a/cmake/admCheckMiscLibs.cmake b/cmake/admCheckMiscLibs.cmake
index 689b16568..4dcdc649c 100644
--- a/cmake/admCheckMiscLibs.cmake
+++ b/cmake/admCheckMiscLibs.cmake
@@ -47,11 +47,13 @@ IF (UNIX AND NOT APPLE)
MESSAGE(STATUS "*******************")

FIND_HEADER_AND_LIB(XVIDEO X11/extensions/Xvlib.h Xv XvShmPutImage)
+ FIND_HEADER_AND_LIB(XEXT X11/extensions/XShm.h Xext XShmAttach)
PRINT_LIBRARY_INFO("XVideo" XVIDEO_FOUND "${XVIDEO_INCLUDE_DIR}" "${XVIDEO_LIBRARY_DIR}")
+ PRINT_LIBRARY_INFO("Xext" XEXT_FOUND "${XEXT_INCLUDE_DIR}" "${XEXT_LIBRARY_DIR}")

- IF (XVIDEO_FOUND)
+ IF (XVIDEO_FOUND AND XEXT_FOUND)
SET(USE_XV 1)
- ENDIF (XVIDEO_FOUND)
+ ENDIF (XVIDEO_FOUND AND XEXT_FOUND)

MESSAGE("")
ENDIF (XVIDEO)

This one probably won't make it into 2.7.4, not enough time for testing.

eumagga0x2a

The fix has made it into release, so just build from source as usual.

Blues

Yes, thanks. Sorry for late reply.  :)