News:

--

Main Menu

Multiple Audio Tracks

Started by Juventas, September 24, 2017, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juventas

I have a couple questions about multiple audio tracks in Avidemux.  My samples are AVC video, AAC audio, MP4v2 container.

• How do I combine two audio tracks into one?
  • When I choose "Save Audio", it doesn't seem to include a container.  How can I save the audio with a container so that it's playable in a media player?

dosdan

Quote from: Juventas on September 24, 2017, 11:43:46 PM
    I have a couple questions about multiple audio tracks in Avidemux.  My samples are AVC video, AAC audio, MP4v2 container.

When I choose "Save Audio", it doesn't seem to include a container.  How can I save the audio with a container so that it's playable in a media player?[/li][/list]

A container is to hold multiple media streams, e.g. video and audio, as well as metadata, and to facilitate the synchronised playback of the streams. You don't need to re-encapsulate the audio within another container when you extract the audio from an MP4. When you go to save the audio, add an ".aac" file extension to it. For example Extra_Time.mp4 -> Extra_Time.aac. VLC will play this extracted AAC audio file without problems.

Juventas

QuoteYou don't need to re-encapsulate the audio within another container when you extract the audio from an MP4. When you go to save the audio, add an ".aac" file extension to it.
    You're right, the .aac file will play in VLC, but it doesn't play in WinAmp, iTunes, or Firefox.  However, I have .m4a files that are AAC, and they play in any of those applications.  If I rename the .aac to .m4a, they still don't play in any of those applications.  If the difference between them isn't a container, what is the missing element?

Edit: I just noticed the audio files from Avidemux are "AAC Main" and my other files are "AAC LC".  Does Avidemux have a way to save as AAC LC?

dosdan

Quote from: Juventas on September 25, 2017, 12:59:48 AM
    QuoteYou don't need to re-encapsulate the audio within another container when you extract the audio from an MP4. When you go to save the audio, add an ".aac" file extension to it.
    You're right, the .aac file will play in VLC, but it doesn't play in WinAmp, iTunes, or Firefox.  However, I have .m4a files that are AAC, and they play in any of those applications.  If I rename the .aac to .m4a, they still don't play in any of those applications.  If the difference between them isn't a container, what is the missing element?

Don't know. AIMP (stopped using Winamp some time ago), MPC-BE & Chrome played the .AAC.

I also wrapped the .AAC into a .MKA using MKVToolNix GUI. CyberFox would then play it, but only if I allowed VLC Web to run.

Dan.

Blues

ffmpeg can put aac files into m4a container.