Author Topic: [Fixed] Some filter windows won't display under specific desktop environments  (Read 767 times)

eumagga0x2a

The analysis and thus the "fix" was wrong, I'll have to revert it. Before I break more stuff, could you please test if

Code: [Select]
void qtRegisterDialog(QWidget *dialog)
{
    if (widgetStack.count())
        dialog->setParent(widgetStack.top(), Qt::Dialog);
    dialog->hide();
    widgetStack.push(dialog);
}

in avidemux/qt4/ADM_UIs/src/toolkit.cpp works for you?

If the dialog is already visible when exec() (e.g. in DIA_getCropParams()) is called, we get a complete mess with modality and keyboard focus. We must ensure that it is hidden and not interfere with exec().

gilbsgilbs

eumagga0x2a, the fix doesn't work unfortunately. I can reproduce the bug from this post just like before 62831e.

eumagga0x2a

Could you please just test if adding hide() at the end of the constructor instead of these patches works?

gilbsgilbs

Could you please just test if adding hide() at the end of the constructor instead of these patches works?
Nope, didn't work. I have to comment out the "show()" from the constructor to make it work (which is not an option).

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, I've left the qtRegisterDialog code as is for now and have tried to fix window modality for each affected filter and the preview individually (works on macOS + Linux/gnome-shell + Windows). Could you please test whether these changes haven't regressed the dialog visibility with i3wm?

gilbsgilbs

Thank you, I've left the qtRegisterDialog code as is for now and have tried to fix window modality for each affected filter and the preview individually (works on macOS + Linux/gnome-shell + Windows). Could you please test whether these changes haven't regressed the dialog visibility with i3wm?
That works flawlessly. Tested on 21d0ab. Thank you :) .