News:

--

Main Menu

duration of cutting clip

Started by mohammad_avr, October 11, 2017, 08:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohammad_avr

Hi
I am New user of Avidemux and it is perfect for me.
I need a future in cutting page . I need duration of cutting clip  which is pointed bye A (start time) and B (end time)
(duration =B-A)
is there anyone to help me ? i think the code must be edited and project rebuilted again
thank you

dosdan

Yes, there is space down the bottom of the screen, below the A: & B: marker times, to show a "Selected" time. So the display could be modified to show this.

Be aware though that the duration of the final clip is not exactly the same as you would see from the "Selected" time. For example, using a 59.941fps clip with:

A:  00:00:30.080
B:  00:01:30.140

Both A & B are chosen using the UP key, so they on I-frames.

The difference here is 1:00.060.  But, after doing a Copy/Copy/MP4v2, I get 3,603 frames. Dividing by 59.941 =  60.109s. Taking 60.06s away from this and then dividing by 59.941, I get 2.94 frames. Allowing for time value rounding,  the final clip is 3 frames longer than selected.

Dan.

eumagga0x2a

If B-frames are present, additional delay may be added to the video, increasing the total duration.

There is no space below the go-to-marker buttons currently, it is occupied by the "view filtered" checkbox. Moving the checkbox to a more suitable place would allow to display the duration of the selection there.

Jan Gruuthuse

mohammad_avr

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on October 14, 2017, 06:35:20 AM
nice, thnx
Hi
do you rebuild source code for this UI? or there is a setting on software?
could you send a .exe file to me with this ui?
Thanks

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mohammad_avr on October 30, 2017, 08:58:35 AM
Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on October 14, 2017, 06:35:20 AM
nice, thnx
do you rebuild source code for this UI?

Jan seems to be unavailable for a couple of days: http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17915.msg82377.html#msg82377, but of course, he builds Avidemux for Linux (no .exe here) from the latest source code.

Quotecould you send a .exe file to me with this ui?

Grab the latest official win64 nightly. While it doesn't reflect the current state of the work ATM, it does include the changeset which implemented the requested feature.

mohammad_avr

Grab the latest official win64 nightly. While it doesn't reflect the current state of the work ATM, it does include the changeset which implemented the requested feature.
thanks for reply
i have downloaded some release of win64 nightly but i couldn't find that feature (duration B-A)
and i am not developer to work with source code .
could you please make a release with this feature for me on Win64?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mohammad_avr on October 30, 2017, 01:01:49 PM
i have downloaded some release of win64 nightly

Then you might have picked a build too old. You should have downloaded r171027, but actually all builds at least from r171014 on should contain this patch.

mohammad_avr

very thanks for your support
it solved .