News:

--

Main Menu

AVIdemux won't open some MKVs

Started by ntradd, November 16, 2017, 03:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntradd

I've searched for an answer on this issue, but can't find anything. I have a library of Blu Ray movies that I've ripped to M4V files with MakeMKV and Handbrake, with no issues whatsoever. Recently I opened some of the MKV files (that I originally copied with MakeMKV) in AVIdemux 2.7 because I wanted to cut some clips for some teaching sessions. Most of the files opened and edited and resaved fine. But a number of them opened but seemed to have no content. I re-copied the Blu Rays with MakeMKV, and retried, but still no content. When I press the Play button in AVIdemux the movie just skips to the end, seemingly with no frames. The time is messed up as well. I've tried opening them in version 2.6 as well but no luck. The only workaround I've been able to use is to reencode the MKVs in Handrake as lossless MKVs, in which case AVIdemux has no problem with them. Any suggestions, since the extra step in Handbrake adds hours to the process?

Jan Gruuthuse

Avidemux can't help you with processing ripped blu-ray / circumventing Digital Rights Management measures.

eumagga0x2a

Please try the latest nightly matching your operating system, reproduce the issue and attach compressed admlog.txt to your reply.