News:

--

Main Menu

Crash with v2.6.21 and v2.7.0

Started by admx, November 14, 2017, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admx

Hello,

I'm experiencing a failed assert when seeking some flv videos - always on the same position.
See attachment for the error message.

It happened with default settings but I already tried some different settings.
Windows 7 64bit & Avidemux 2.6.21 / 2.7.0 64bit.

I can upload the problematic files (~1-3GB) if you don't mind it's a pron-stream.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

Please retry with the latest win64 nightly. If the issue persists, please reproduce the crash and, without restarting Avidemux, compress and attach admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux\ folder to your reply.

admx

Same issue with the nightly build. Log attached.

Thanks.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you. The likely reason for the crash is highly broken timing in this video, there are duplicated PTS:

[addReferenceVideo] 14:33:50-391 [editor] Original frame increment 00:08:19,999 499999968
[addReferenceVideo] 14:33:50-395 [Editor] min increment 00:00:00,000 - 0
[addReferenceVideo] 14:33:50-395 [Editor] max increment 00:00:02,380 - 2380000

(minimum frame increment equal zero means adjacent frames have identical presentation time stamps). If three frames have the same PTS, but only the last is a keyframe, TimeToFrame will return the frame number of the first frame of the triplet. Subsequently we get the warning from ADM_EditorSegment::intraTimeToFrame and crash in ADM_Composer::DecodePictureUpToIntra because neither of the first two frames (out of 3 or more) with identical PTS is a keyframe.

admx

Interesting.

The video comes from an RTMP stream.

If I copy the video stream (and skip the audio) with ffmpeg, I can seek with avidemux afterwards without crashing.

Will there be a fix?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: admx on November 20, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
If I copy the video stream (and skip the audio) with ffmpeg, I can seek with avidemux afterwards without crashing.

Please just load the file generated with FFmpeg in Avidemux and post the resulting admlog.txt.

QuoteWill there be a fix?

Do you have a Linux system to build Avidemux from source to test patches? This would make a fix much more likely.

mean