News:

--

Main Menu

No sound in avidemux 2.7

Started by AlekseyK, December 01, 2017, 09:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlekseyK

2 issues here:

• No sound in avidemux 2.7 when playing video, just some noise. Any audio setting do not work: also, pulseaudio, etc. Bug, but not a big problem however.
  • After converting video to MKV with mp4 (video) & mp3 (audio) resulting video has no sound. Convert with 2 passes with constant 4096 bitrate. Is it a bug?
Source video format: *.mts
General
Size: 4867526 KB (4753 MB)
Length: 00:58:35
Demuxer: lavf

Video
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Aspect ratio: 1.77778
Format: h264
Bitrate: 10912 kbps
Frames per second: 49.998295
Selected codec: h264

Initial Audio Stream
Format: ac3
Bitrate: 255 kbps
Rate: 48000 Hz
Channels: 2
Selected codec: ac3

Now trying 2 things:
- convert to mp4 (conversion takes about 2 hours)
- convert with avidemux 2.6.4

Any other solutions?

Also have question: is there a way to reduce frame rate from 50 f/s to 30 f/s? Have not found the option in codec's settings.

Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

You're on Linux? Please build Avidemux from the current git master (this is very easy, especially with Ubuntu), uninstall all other builds and test whether the issue persists. Alternatively cut the first ~300 MiB of the source file with dd and provide this sample e.g. via WeTransfer or Dropbox.

dd if=/path/to/source/video of=/path/to/sample bs=1M count=300

Quote from: AlekseyK on December 01, 2017, 09:39:26 PM
After converting video to MKV with mp4 (video)

This doesn't make sense, mp4 is a container like a MKV. Did you mean "with x264"?

If the audio track was misdetected, reencoding this audio obviously won't make things better.

Quote- convert with avidemux 2.6.4

That one is ancient and has hundreds of bugs more than the current git.

Quoteis there a way to reduce frame rate from 50 f/s to 30 f/s? Have not found the option in codec's settings.

Use "Resample FPS" video filter.

AlekseyK

I see.
QuoteDid you mean "with x264"?
Yes, just finished converting to mp4 with same result. Will try git version now. Hope createRpmFromSourceFedora.bash script will be able to create rpm for openSUSE.

Successfully built rpms in openSUSE, however some packages: gtk version, many codecs like x264, mp3 are missed. Probably some packages were not installed, will check them.

Build: have found and installed most missed packages, however still miss some:

Quote-- Cound not find intl library
-- Could not find Gettext
-- Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM

NVENC          No
gettext        Yes
SDL            No
What packages needs to be installed here?

AlekseyK

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 02, 2017, 12:15:41 AM
You're on Linux? Please build Avidemux from the current git master (this is very easy, especially with Ubuntu), uninstall all other builds and test whether the issue persists.
Yes, issue still persists there.

P.S. I think problem here is frame rate - 50 f/s. I was able to play and successfully convert file with same format with 25 f/s. It was recorded from Panasonic HC-V270 video cam. It is AVCHD (MTS, M2TS) video format. However can't send You variant with 50 f/s.

AQUAR

Just a thought as I've come across something like this before:

Check to see if the video is interlaced (eg with mediainfo) - ie field rate as opposed to frame rate.
If so Avidemux is reporting field rate (don't ask me why!).

IIRC, during recoding I use the change FPS filter and set both input and output to 25 (basically forces the frame rate to be set to 25).

AlekseyK

Quote from: AQUAR on December 02, 2017, 12:40:22 PM
Just a thought as I've come across something like this before:

Check to see if the video is interlaced (eg with mediainfo) - ie field rate as opposed to frame rate.
If so Avidemux is reporting field rate (don't ask me why!).

IIRC, during recoding I use the change FPS filter and set both input and output to 25 (basically forces the frame rate to be set to 25).

Hmmm... thanks, You are right - video is interlaced and has variable frame rate. Also it uses AC-3 audio codec which even VLC does not understand (SMplayer plays it normal). Will try change FPS filter with 25 fps (previously tried 30 fps and only for output filter variant) for both input and output. See video info below:

Quote> mediainfo video.mts
General
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size                                : 4.64 GiB
Duration                                 : 58 min 35 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 11.3 Mb/s
Writing application                      : Lavf57.83.100
FileExtension_Invalid                    : mov mp4 m4v m4a m4b m4p 3ga 3gpa 3gpp 3gp 3gpp2 3g2 k3g jpm jpx mqv ismv isma ismt f4a f4b f4v

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4
Format settings                          : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=3, N=12
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 11.1 Mb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 16.8 Mb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Variable
Frame rate                               : 50.000 FPS
Minimum frame rate                       : 22.727 FPS
Maximum frame rate                       : 50.000 FPS
Original frame rate                      : 25.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan type, store method                  : Separated fields
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.107
Stream size                              : 4.53 GiB (98%)

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID                                 : AC-3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 256 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 107 MiB (2%)
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Default                                  : Yes
Alternate group                          : 1

AlekseyK

Quote from: AQUAR on December 02, 2017, 12:40:22 PMIIRC, during recoding I use the change FPS filter and set both input and output to 25 (basically forces the frame rate to be set to 25).
Your solution did not help: still no sound in resulting video. Will try to manual converting via ffmpeg cause all other GUIs are terrible.

Jan Gruuthuse

Use audacity. drag & drop original video onto: audacity (windows requires audacity FFmpeg import/export library, found on Optional Downloads). Save as new ac3 audio track and add/replace in avidemux and into the newly encoded video (the one with no sound) see if that works.

follow the links

AlekseyK

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 03, 2017, 10:08:37 AM
Use audacity. drag & drop original video onto: audacity (windows requires audacity FFmpeg import/export library, found on Optional Downloads). Save as new ac3 audio track and add/replace in avidemux and into the newly encoded video (the one with no sound) see if that works.
It is not the solution with avidemux. Too complex. Converting with ffmpeg now.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you had the 2 videos (original en re encoded) = 5 minutes work, you only needed to replace the audio track.

Upload a small sample with the odd AC3 track, that poses the same issue. Perhaps developers can find a solution for future usage.
There seems to be issues with some AC3.

AlekseyK

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 03, 2017, 01:01:12 PM
If you had the 2 videos (original en re encoded) = 5 minutes work, you only needed to replace the audio track.
Seems it is the only way for now - others just do not work. Need to try. Now converting video with audio copy without encoding.

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 03, 2017, 01:01:12 PMUpload a small sample with the odd AC3 track, that poses the same issue. Perhaps developers can find a solution for future usage.
There seems to be issues with some AC3.
Recorded sample video in same format: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5ltkg0dy9omrzg/00000.MTS?dl=0 However avidemux was able to handle it without a problem. Seems the issue appeared because I merged few MTS files together with following script:

#!/bin/bash

# $1 -- extension, like MP4
# $2 -- output file name

echo Extension: $1
echo Output: $2

echo Files:
find . -name \*.$1 -printf "file '$PWD/%p'\n" | sort

ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i <(find . -name \*.$1 -printf "file '$PWD/%p'\n" | sort) -c copy $2

AlekseyK

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on December 03, 2017, 10:08:37 AM
avidemux was unable to do that. Did with MKVToolNIx GUI - which worked perfect. Strange encoded mp3 track existed in converted by avidemux mkv but no sound was playing and any player.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: AlekseyK on December 03, 2017, 02:23:47 PM
Seems the issue appeared because I merged few MTS files together with [ffmpeg]

Take it as granted. Why not using the append function of Avidemux?

Quote from: AlekseyK on December 02, 2017, 01:11:22 AM
Hope createRpmFromSourceFedora.bash script will be able to create rpm for openSUSE.

The Fedora script is sort of abandoned because RPM Fusion provides a properly packaged Avidemux for Fedora. It is not current, but the SPEC file is usable with only minor changes if you really want Avidemux from git master packaged as RPMs. I wouldn't recomment using CPack generated RPMs as produced with this script, they are extremely poor quality (no dependencies etc.). Better use the --prefix=/usr/local build option and copy the content of the install/usr/local directory over your current /usr/local one.

Quotehave found and installed most missed packages, however still miss some:

-- Cound not find intl library
-- Could not find Gettext
-- Warning: Did not find file Compiler/-ASM

NVENC          No
gettext        Yes
SDL            No

What packages needs to be installed here?

If you have a recent NVIDIA graphics card with binary drivers, you could use hardware accelerated h264 and maybe even h265 encoding if you put nvEncodeAPI.h e.g. in /usr/include/ prior to building Avidemux (the file can be obtained e.g. from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/master/compat/nvenc/nvEncodeAPI.h). SDL is not needed.

AlekseyK

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 03, 2017, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: AlekseyK on December 03, 2017, 02:23:47 PM
Seems the issue appeared because I merged few MTS files together with [ffmpeg]

Take it as granted. Why not using the append function of Avidemux?
Cause it is buggy. It indexes only 1st files and ignores others even with simple mpg. And resulting converted file length is very strange: even less than 1st file length.

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on December 03, 2017, 10:45:34 PM
Quote from: AlekseyK on December 02, 2017, 01:11:22 AM
Hope createRpmFromSourceFedora.bash script will be able to create rpm for openSUSE.

The Fedora script is sort of abandoned because RPM Fusion provides a properly packaged Avidemux for Fedora. It is not current, but the SPEC file is usable with only minor changes if you really want Avidemux from git master packaged as RPMs. I wouldn't recomment using CPack generated RPMs as produced with this script, they are extremely poor quality (no dependencies etc.). Better use the --prefix=/usr/local build option and copy the content of the install/usr/local directory over your current /usr/local one.
What I need to run here? What commands to build? Actually createRpmFromSourceFedora.bash created perfect RPMs to me for SUSE.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: AlekseyK on December 03, 2017, 10:53:26 PM
Cause it is buggy. It indexes only 1st files and ignores others even with simple mpg. And resulting converted file length is very strange: even less than 1st file length.

The demuxer based append function has been disabled post-release for the MpegTS demuxer exactly for this reason (the last release is getting really way too old). And yes, if used, it should treat all source files as one, creating a single index file.

I suggested using the application based append function, not the demuxer based one.

What I need to run here? What commands to build?

bash bootStrap.bash --prefix=/usr/local
cd install/usr
sudo cp -r local /usr/

QuoteActually createRpmFromSourceFedora.bash created perfect RPMs to me for SUSE.

It is fine then :-)