Extract a clip from mpeg transport stream

Started by jopado, December 12, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jopado

I have an mpeg transport stream file and want to simply extract a short clip from it. I select copy/copy for video/audio and output format is mpeg ts muxer.  The video extracts fine. My input TS has additional PID's along with the h264 video and I need those PIDs in the generated output file.  Is this possible??? If so how to do it.  I am running version 2.7.0

eumagga0x2a

What do those PIDs contain? Avidemux doesn't support anything but a single video stream and up to 4 audio tracks. E.g. subtitles are not supported. To keep subtitles use ffmpeg.

jopado

Thank you for the info. The other pid's contain text data containing location information.  I have the ffmpeg command that does what I want but want it integrated with a GUI frontend for selecting start/stop points. Also do no want to re-encode/transcode.  Most tools I have seen force  you to re-encode/transcode. If you know of one that does this please let me know.  Otherwise I will try to update avidemux source to do what I need.  Thanks again.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: jopado on December 13, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
Otherwise I will try to update avidemux source to do what I need.

Unless you contribute this functionality to Avidemux (which would be absolutely great), I have to disappoint you because nothing has changed since the release 2.7.0 WRT handling of subtitles and other types of data beyond the already mentioned single video stream + 4 audio tracks.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: jopado on December 13, 2017, 05:03:15 PM
>8 >8  I have the ffmpeg command that does what I want but want it integrated with a GUI frontend for selecting start/stop points. Also do no want to re-encode/transcode.

You could forward the ffmpeg command in the forum or to the developer(s) by pm.
- Perhaps the developer(s) have an idea how to and can put you on the road.
- Or one of the users with advanced scripting knowledge has away round.

Code contributions are always welcome on https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2