Avidemux 2.7.0 crashes when merging two remuxed MKV videos to a single one

Started by abc123, January 16, 2018, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc123

Hello:
I just remuxed two MOV videos I captured with my camera, in order to merge them with Avidemux.
When I merging them to a single MP4 file, Avidemux crashes without any early warning.
Here is a screen capture to show the setting I uses to merge the two remuxed videos with Avidemux 2.7.0

Why this is happening?

Jan Gruuthuse

No idea, try other work flow

Join 2 mkv 1st, load & append, the save using
Video Output: Copy
Audio Output: Copy
Output Format: Mkv Muxer

save as new video
Avidemux close video, load newly saved mkv.
try going from here to mp4

abc123

Update: I just tried to change audio output to AAC (lav) and output format to MP4, to follow the recommendation of Youtube, and Avidemux freezing when saving.
Update 2: Problem solved by using the original MOV files rather than the remuxed ones (The remuxing was done with MKVtoolnix).

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: abc123 on January 16, 2018, 11:07:54 AM
Update: I just tried to change audio output to AAC (lav) and output format to MP4, to follow the recommendation of Youtube, and Avidemux freezing when saving.

Does it happen with the latest nightly (r180114 for now) too? The 2.7.0 release is getting old in the tooth. If it does, please compress and attach "admlog.txt" from %localappdata%\avidemux\.

abc123

I'm using Windows 7 32bit system, and the nightly is only available at 64bit.

eumagga0x2a

Sure, the 32 bit build from 2018-01-07 lacks some nice-to-have fixes, but this is still better than nothing.

http://avidemux.org/nightly/win32/

abc123

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 16, 2018, 12:25:53 PM
Quote from: abc123 on January 16, 2018, 11:07:54 AM

Does it happen with the latest nightly (r180114 for now) too? The 2.7.0 release is getting old in the tooth. If it does, please compress and attach "admlog.txt" from %localappdata%\avidemux\.

Problem solved.