Not all icons are loading & video not updating to crop changes

Started by Mick From Cov, January 05, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick From Cov

Help please!

When I install Avidemux for Windows 7, not all of the icons/features are apparent.
For example, only three of the icons appear on the main screen ('open folder', 'save video' & Information')
Then having cropped the video, when I close 'video filter manager' the original video does not update.

What's going on????

eumagga0x2a

Works as intended. If you would prefer to have 4 icons in the toolbar, install the latest nightly matching your system (win64 for the 64 bit version of Windows 7).

To preview the effect of filters, check the option "play filtered". Filters are applied (on the fly) only during playback though.

Mick From Cov

OK great thanks, I've now clicked the 'play filtered' icon and as you mentioned, it plays with the filter.

I intend to import the video into 'Windows Movie Maker 2.6'. What do you suggest the 'Output Format' setting to provide the optimum quality?

Cheers 

eumagga0x2a

It depends entirely on container formats supported by "Windows Movie Maker 2.6" and the codec used to reencode the video. The golden rule is: if possible, don't use AVI. Best choices are MP4 and MKV. The former is picky about codecs though, but those that matter – H.264 and HEVC – are supported by the container.

Mick From Cov

Thanks for the tip.

The missing icons is still a bit of a mystery for me in view of the content within this youtube Avidemux tutorial :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVQl3euvC-0

eumagga0x2a

The YouTube video depicts Avidemux 2.5, a legacy application. A terrible lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.