How to remove [A] and [B] markers?

Started by BG Davis, January 08, 2018, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BG Davis

(I thought I had seen this question before, but couldn't find it with a search.)
Is it possible to remove [A] and markers (start and end markers) that were inserted in error or are otherwise not wanted in the timeline?
I've tried all sorts of little tricks (setting [A] at the end, etc.) but no matter what I try I end up with at least one vertical line on the timeline.

eumagga0x2a

You can undo a step (up to 50 editing steps) with Ctrl+Z or reset markers with either Ctrl+Home or with alternative keyboard shortcut enabled simply by pressing R. Please mind that markers are technically always present, even if they are not shown.

BG Davis

(I found the other post; it referred to the older version which lacked the "Reset Markers" function.)

"Please mind that markers are technically always present, even if they are not shown."
Interesting.  After reading your comment, I created a color-edited (zero saturation, gray-scale) segment with the markers in place on the timeline.  Then removed the markers (Edit>Reset).  The segment remained gray-scale and the eq2 in the Active box retained its "partialized" setting.  Next, I deleted the eq2 from the Active box.  Then re-set it, again selecting "partial."  The previous markers no longer had any effect.

But could the hidden presence of the markers cause any unexpected changes to a clip?

eumagga0x2a

The current position of markers is used as the default value for the start and end of a partialized filter. Once such a filter has been created, the position of markers has no effect on it.

The current position of markers is shown as labels on the buttons in the selection widget.

BG Davis

RE: "The current position of markers is shown as labels on the buttons in the selection widget."

Not sure if I am thinking of the same thing, but when I remove the A/B markers (Edit>Reset), and they are no longer visible, they no longer appear as values below the timeline.  See attached images.

eumagga0x2a

Your screenshots illustrate exactly what was written: the current position of markers is shown as labels on the buttons in the selection widget, after reset the values are 00:00:00.000 for A and 00:00:15.040 for B (the start and the end of the video). It doesn't matter whether the blue rectangle is painted or not.