News:

--

Main Menu

Further actions on avidemux

Started by M4X, January 27, 2018, 04:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4X

It is a good thought somebody has when he starts a non profit project for video editing like avidemux.

But it is sad to work with a program that has
a poor compatibility for videos,
lots of bugs in the code,
random crashes,
many features that do not work properly,
video settings nobody needs (min. - average - max. bitrate, despite not available),
output codecs that do not work,
converted output that looks like crap and
new versions of this program which do not make anything much better and sometimes even worse.

I know you can not expect something unless you pay anything.

Despite that it is a pitty that programs with much potential like this or others are almost useless.
You sometimes spent hours to make it work and sometimes it simply will not work.
And there are a few free programs that do a great job.

Maybe it would be a great idea if you find some good programmers that work non profit because this program is free to use or
you pay them with donations (Through your website or patreon ...).

Jan Gruuthuse

All you have to say? Rather a 1st time user, not understanding this basic tool.

QuoteAvidemux is a simple tool for simple video processing tasks. The keyword here is simple: it does not offer tools like a timeline, multitrack editing, you cannot freely move or splice audio and video clips from various sources. However, Avidemux allows you to do elementary things in a very straightforward way.

Perhaps you're just trolling this board? And spamming another program.

M4X

I am not trying to troll this board or spam something. I just wanted to help improving this program.

I used this program a lot in the past and will not deny that you can produce good material with it.
I know it is a basic tool although it is for some specific usage, too.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: M4X on January 29, 2018, 12:33:15 AM
I just wanted to help improving this program.

Quality patches are welcome.

By the way, you tried most recent nightly builds matching your operating system, didn't you? The last release (2.7.0) is getting increasingly old.

AQUAR

I am patiently waiting for input from the one member that will agree with the OP's perception.

Quote from: M4X on January 29, 2018, 12:33:15 AM
I used this program a lot in the past and will not deny that you can produce good material with it.
I know it is a basic tool although it is for some specific usage, too.

Would have been nice to introduce "the dish list" with that bit of praise first.
Suppose "the dish list" would then be an oxymoron.

Complex "public" programs are never designed to fit the precise expectations of a single user (and bugs are part of the course!).
Saying things like "poor compatibility", "video settings NOBODY needs", "crappy output" etc etc are meaningless characterisations.

Why don't you give concrete examples of failings in using this simple video editor.

IMHO this program does a heck of a lot better than many paid for video editors.

RoadRanger

"No good deed goes unpunished" LOL