News:

--

Main Menu

How to add a Score-Board

Started by Newermaint, May 20, 2018, 12:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newermaint

Hey,

I'm new to Avidemux and recorded a few videos from Badminton matches during our training with a GoPro, the format is MP4.

I'd like to add a Score-Board to the videos, where I can show the current score of the players/teams like this:

It doesn't have to be exactly the same, but it should show at least the names and the points. I'd like to place the score-board in one of the upper corners.

Do you have any suggestions how I can insert something like this?

Maybe it is possible as a subtitle, but in the upper corner? If yes, maybe you can show me, how to add a subtitle there?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

eumagga0x2a

Prepare each state of the scoreboard as an image (JPEG or PNG) and use a partialized "Add logo" video filter instance for each image.

Use a recent Avidemux nightly, not the last release (2.7.0) for that.

dosdan

Using the Add Logo filter looks interesting. I've never considered using ADM for this level of PP.

I produced a soccer penalty shootout scoreboard overlay using Vegas. I've got no graphics design skills so the display was purely functional. It was a fair bit of work the way I did it. The link below includes screengrabs of the scoreboard, the tracks I overlaid in Vegas and a video of the shootout. 

While shot in 1080p60, with the edited version being 720p60, I did some digital panning and zooming in Vegas to focus in on the significant action and added a lot of sharpening. Replays are 1/4x slo-mos, created using frame replication. I also sometimes use Event Velocity curves to produce up to a further 1/4x slow down selectively, so some parts may be slowed down up to 1/16x. At this slow-down rate, with frame replication, the movement will be jerky, but it gives the viewer more time to notice things like how close the ball got to the goalie's glove. I suggest you go to YT and watch the 720p60 version in this size (not full-screen).

https://www.avforums.com/threads/football-penalty-shootout-score-display.2121749/

Dan.