--

Main Menu

Russian translation

Started by gruntster, October 14, 2007, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chillie

Hello, gentlemen.
Somebody fucked something up at some point:

The top menu (File - Recent - Edit) is fine though.

Avidemux 2.6.5 (r8897)

cord-factor

Chillie, I have this too. Looks like it's wrong encoding but not translation problem.

eumagga0x2a

The attached patch fixes the immediately visible worst broken bits (the window title, the time indicator, the buttons to jump to a marker) of the Russian translation. Actually it removes strings which shall not be translated.

diff --git a/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ru.ts b/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ru.ts
index 4ed04ea..5eb6ec6 100644
--- a/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ru.ts
+++ b/avidemux/qt4/i18n/avidemux_ru.ts
@@ -3285,11 +3285,6 @@ Drop timing informations ?</source>
<context>
     <name>MainWindow</name>
     <message>
-        <source>Avidemux</source>
-        <translation type="unfinished">
-            </translation>
-    </message>
-    <message>
         <source>&lt;b&gt;Video&lt;/b&gt;</source>
         <translation type="obsolete">&lt;b&gt;Видео&lt;/b&gt;</translation>
     </message>
@@ -3331,11 +3326,6 @@ Drop timing informations ?</source>
         <translation type="unfinished">Ð’Ã'â,¬ÃÂµÃÂ¼Ã':</translation>
     </message>
     <message>
-        <source>00:00:00.000</source>
-             {00:00:00.000?}</translation>
-    </message>
-    <message>
         <source>Frame Type:</source>
         <translation type="obsolete">Тип кадÃ'â,¬ÃÂ°:</translation>
     </message>
@@ -3344,11 +3334,6 @@ Drop timing informations ?</source>
         <translation type="unfinished">Ð’Ã'‹Ð´ÐµÐ»ÐµÐ½Ð¾</translation>
     </message>
     <message>
-        <source>000000</source>
-             {000000?}</translation>
-    </message>
-    <message>
         <source>&amp;Help</source>
         <translation type="unfinished">&amp;ПомоÃ'‰Ã'Å'</translation>
     </message>

eumagga0x2a

More of the same and a few new entries for future translation. Please note that translations for "Project Script" and the items from the related submenu have no effect yet. The others were added in https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/commit/68d1fff6d0ecc48ac1445c7228004b5c7d944947 and should work.

eumagga0x2a

It turns out to be that the recent regeneration of .ts files has revived the broken entries purged in the previous update for the Russian translation. The attached patch deletes again the broken translations for things which should not be translated in the first place, adds a bunch of translations for the File and Edit menus and resolves conflicting accelerators across the top level of the main window.

Much more work would be needed, don't have time now.

The patch has been tested and works.

mean

Thanks
Should i understand that a new call to qt_update.sh will re-create the broken file ?

eumagga0x2a

I think, my mistake in http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,3817.msg76090.html#msg76090 was to delete the complete

<message>
    <source>00:00:00</source>
    <translation>some nonsense with added line breaks</translation>
</message>

entries instead of deleting just the nonsensical translation part (I knew nothing about lupdate and such back then :-[). This might have led to the entries being recreated with the latest available (broken) translations from git history.

Maybe as a precaution do not run qt_update_pro.sh again till the release is out? Post-release I'll play with that.

eumagga0x2a

Last minute update adding translations for the new Avidemux check for update feature and improving the translation for "Preferences". It would be great if the patch makes it into the release.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mean on September 11, 2016, 11:50:45 AM
Should i understand that a new call to qt_update.sh will re-create the broken file ?

I have bad news and good news. Bad news first: yes, lupdate (lupdate-qt5 on Fedora) is the culprit. Every time qt_update_pro.sh is rerun, the issue re-emerges.

Now the good news: only the Russian translation file is affected.

All broken entries originate from .ui files and cannot be excluded from translation, but it should be possible to clean up the mess left by lupdate with some sed or perl magic.