News:

--

Main Menu

German translation

Started by blockx, February 12, 2010, 11:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blockx

Hi,

i\'ve translates (not 100% complete) the qt_de.qm.

i\'ve copy the file in the i18n-folder of avidemux 2.5, started avidemux2_qt4.exe, but no effect. the inferface is in english.

the gtk-version is in german, no problem.

how can i try the german file?

and: Who is the bugtracker???

Thanks

Lance

Since Avidemux translations are working again I post here the german translation files for the Qt interface:

Thanks to Mean the actual german translation is included within the AVIdemux v2.5.4 (r6714) package. This version you can download e.g. here.

Translation for newer beta builds:
* r6796

Usage:
You need to copy/replace only both qm files to the i18n folder. Restart Avidemux and you should see the (updated) german GUI, if you use a german windows version. Please note this works first since Avidemux 2.5.3 (r6303).

Also I\'ve added both ts files for further or individual editing of the language files.

However, the translation is definitely not 100% complete neither 100% correct, but it\'s a beginning after times without any translation. Btw. at this time some items can\'t translated yet, because they seem to be hardcoded or I don\'t found them within the ts files. Therefore I would need some help/advice for the following unsolved issues found in r6796:
[list=*]
  • some items in the job list are still untranslateable, means the four column labels (at this time 1,2,3,4) and the different status labels in column 2, e.g. \"Ready\"[/*]
  • the word \"Dummy\" in Tools --> Preferences... --> Audio --> AudioDevice can\'t translated[/*]
  • the window title \"avidemux2\" of the indexing window can\'t translated[/*]
  • the whole crash window can\'t translated, e.g. \"Press OK to build crash info\"[/*]
  • under the video filter window: the description under each activated filter (right area) is not translateable, e.g. \"Rotate x degrees\" or \"V-Flip\"[/*]
  • One phrase with several meanings:
    [list=1]
  • at the left side in the Avidemux main GUI --> the two buttons with the word \"Filters\" --> seems to be the same variable. For example it isn\'t possible to translate the upper button to \"Video Filter\" and the lower one to \"Audio Filter\". Thank you for the hint to LoRd_MuldeR.[/*]
  • x264 encoder settings: the word \"disabled\" in three different pulldown menus: tab \"frame\" --> \"Adaptive B-frame Decision:\" and  \"B-frames as References:\" and tab \"Motion\" --> \"Weighted Prediction for P-frames:\"[/*]
  • Xvid encoder settings: The word \"Custom\" within the first tab \"General\" in the frame \"Multithreading\" and in the frame \"Pixel Aspect Ratio\" seems to be the same variable.[/*]
  • the word \"none\" is used several times, e.g. in the encoding window next to the audio and video codec when the copy mode is chosen, in the audio filters in the pull down menu \"frame rate change\" and in the audio menu when you chose \"none\" audio track[/*]

Translation status: 92% (1.935 of 2.088 non-obsolete phrases)[/*]
  • Main GUI including preferences and the \"encoding...\" window: done[/*]
  • Decoder options (F3 key), postprocessing (F4 key) and video calculator (F7 key): done[/*]
  • Auto scripts: done[/*]
  • Shortcuts and keystrokes: done[/*]
  • Plugin-Manager: done[/*]
  • encoder configuration dialog boxes: almost done, except some special technical phrases, x264 settings have additional CLI switches[/*]
  • Filters: Transform, Color, Sharpness, Subtitles, Misc done, the rest is partially completed[/*]
I don\'t know if it\'s a good idea to translate whole encoder settings. At some points I think it leads to more confusion than it helps, e.g. x264 encoder settings, last two tabs \"Output\". I would be glad for some suggestions or opinions at all.

zoppo

Quote from: Lanceat this time some items can\'t translated yet, because they seem to be hardcoded or I don\'t found them within the ts files

try and download this http://svn.berlios.de/viewvc/*checkout*/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branch_gruntster/po/qt_filter_context.xslt
and replace the one from my tools (you should do this from time to time)
this should fix some problems like \"Configure\" and \"Filters\" buttons, or \"Preferences\" window
as for x264 and xvid configuration windows, I have the same problem.

gruntster

Quote from: zoppoas for x264 and xvid configuration windows, I have the same problem.
Do you still have this problem if you use the latest TS file from SVN?  These were generated using Qt 4.5.3.

Lance

@zoppo: You are right the updated xslt file solved that small GUI problem and the most Xvid issues. Thank you for your hint. I didn\'t know that I have to update that file from time to time.

@gruntster: I\'m sorry but my knowledge seems very limited to that things :(. But I downloaded the \"avidemux_de.ts\" file from here, hope that\'s the right one. But when I try to open that file with \"Qt Linguist\" it says \"Unexpected tag at avidemux_de.ts:3:67\", besides the doctype of that file is \"XHTML 1.0\" but the working ts file has a \"TS\" doctype. Maybe I\'ve done something wrong, please advice.
Btw. does this mean, if that new ts file will work at some time, I have to translate the whole ts file again? Pleeeaaase say no:o.

I\'ve updated the translation file and the open issues in my original post.

gruntster

Sounds like the TS file wasn\'t saved properly.  To download from SVN, right-click the download link on this page and select \"Save Target As\".  Otherwise my next SDK build will contain the new TS file.

You don\'t need to translate the whole file again.  The current version in SVN is the one you originally supplied but I\'ve updated it using Qt 4.5.3 to include the tags that were dropped by Qt 4.6.2.  The Decoder Options, Postprocessing and Preferences windows all translate fine for me using this file.  If you\'ve since made further updates it\'s no problem, I can do the update again.

zoppo

Quote from: Lancedoes this mean, if that new ts file will work at some time, I have to translate the whole ts file again? Pleeeaaase say no:o.

here\'s a trick:
you can save the translated ts file as \"QT Linguist Phrase Book (*.qph)\".
then open the untranslated ts file, select \"Phrase\" menu, \"Open phrase book\".
then \"Edit\" menu, \"Batch translation\" -> \"Run\".
(I would not tick \"Set tranlsated entries to finished\", it\'s better to check them)

Lance

@zoppo and @gruntster: Thank you very mutch for your help, without you I couldn\'t have done this. I have updated the translation files again, but there are lot things undone.

gruntster

@Lance - committed your version 6.  Thanks again.

Lance

I made some additions especially to the x264 encoder settings including some new x264 settings introduced in r6288.

Lance

Further translations to all encoder settings have been done and some more untranslateable phrases were found.  See again my first post in this thread.

gruntster

Quote from: LanceFurther translations to all encoder settings have been done and some more untranslateable phrases were found.  See again my first post in this thread.
Most of those should already be fixed in SVN except for the encoding window and Auto wizards.

Lance

What do you advice? Should I download again the latest \"qt_filter_context.xsl\" or should I wait for the next release for windows here? Or do you mean it should work already with r6288?

gruntster

Probably best to wait for the next build.  I\'ll try to squeeze in a fix for the encoding window too.

Lance