News:

--

Main Menu

"SSA Error"

Started by mymazda, April 23, 2011, 03:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mymazda

I keep getting the message "SSA Error" with: Cannot read file for *C:\Users\j...* 
I am trying to load an advanced substation alfa file (.ass) for subtitles...  Any suggestions appreciated.

mymazda

Ok so I figured out what the problem was, I tried every version of avidemux for windows and was finaly about to give up but then I accidentaly edited my subtitles and saved as 1.ass,  it worked.  It seems that on windows 7 64bit with avidemux 64 bit the .ass script file has to be named a short length.  dont know why, dont care but if you get that error message try changing the name length of the sub file.

tamalesyatole

Try copying the subtitle file to the folder the video is open from. That is, open the video file from, say, Desktop folder, add the SSA filter, and open/use the .ssa file from the Desktop folder, even if it's the same file in other folder.

I know it is an old post, but since I ended here, others might too.

Hellcolik

I had the same problem using Avidemux, trying to add a .ssa file to my video, and I somehow figured out the problem. It's not really related to the length of the file but whether or not there are spaces in the full name of the file. Mine was deep inside my HDD, so I moved it to the root: everything worked fine.

Since this is the only topic I managed to find concerning this problem, I hope this will help in the future.

ondra

Hellcolik, thanks! That helped a lot ;)