News:

--

Main Menu

2.5.4 doesn't start

Started by Bosley, September 23, 2011, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosley

So I downloaded a copy of Avidemux 2.5.4 for Mac OSX from this site, and it doesn't start. I put the file into my applications folder and when I try to start it I get a crash report. It says that 'Avidemux has quit unexpectedly. Click relaunch to launch the app again.' But clicking relaunch gives me the same message. I'm running an Intel core MacBook with OSX 10.5.8. Any thoughts or solutions?  :(

kenshin3it

read the topic in evidence by Mean.
you must delete two files inside avidemux.app
iMac 24\" Intel Core 2 Duo@2.4GHz - OSX 10.6.1

Bosley

Thanks for the quick reply but it didn't work. I tried removing the files and nothing. Just doesn't open. It's not that I just can't merge files, I can't even get the program to work. Anyone else?

styrol

Quoteread the topic in evidence by Mean.
you must delete two files inside avidemux.app

This workaround is for 10.7 (MacOS X Lion) and cannot be applied to 2.5.4 sucessfully. On 10.5. I'm using Avidemux 2.5.2.

You may try MPEG Streamclip (GUI for cutting files is worse, but handling of MPEG-4 AVC files is much better).

kenshin3it

ops.
i didn't read which version of Mac OS X you're using.
Sorry,i can't help you.
iMac 24\" Intel Core 2 Duo@2.4GHz - OSX 10.6.1

maiux

See the crashlog in Applications > Utility > Console searching for avidemux2, post details or send me a PM.

Cya

TNDRV

Quote from: Bosley on September 23, 2011, 01:33:05 PM
So I downloaded a copy of Avidemux 2.5.4 for Mac OSX from this site, and it doesn't start. I put the file into my applications folder and when I try to start it I get a crash report. It says that 'Avidemux has quit unexpectedly. Click relaunch to launch the app again.' But clicking relaunch gives me the same message. I'm running an Intel core MacBook with OSX 10.5.8. Any thoughts or solutions?  :(

I'm having the exact same issue in OSX10.5.8
Was a resolution ever found?

styrol

QuoteWas a resolution ever found?
Only the installation of Avidemux using Homebrew, if you really wanna bother with that. For most user it's much easier to use MPEG Streamclip or QuickTime Pro on Mac OS X.

TNDRV

Quote from: styrol on January 08, 2013, 04:11:39 PM
QuoteWas a resolution ever found?
Only the installation of Avidemux using Homebrew, if you really wanna bother with that. For most user it's much easier to use MPEG Streamclip or QuickTime Pro on Mac OS X.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not versed in coding so it looks like installing homebrew is out.
Mpeg streamclip was hopeful but missing the unique functionality that is available in avidemux.
In Particular, the Append function, frame by frame toggle buttons, i-frame and p-frame recognition.
Any suggestions for other applications with those functions would greatly help.

styrol

QuoteMpeg streamclip was hopeful but missing the unique functionality that is available in avidemux.
In Particular, the Append function,
It's done the Quicktime way:
(1) Select what you wanna copy with cmd + A (whole movie) or part of it (use the I and O key to determine In and Out) and press cmd + C (Copy).
(2) Move playhead where you wanna append your selection (step 1) and press Cmd + V (Paste).

Quoteframe by frame toggle buttons
There are no buttons, but arrow left and arrow right key is the way it works (like in Avidemux).

Quotei-frame and p-frame recognition.
What P frames are concerned you're right. Only I frames (keyframes) are really relevant (especially what h.264 is concerned), use arrow down and arrow up key to navigate from keyframe to keyframe (like in Avidemux).

TNDRV

Thanks for the clarification.
However I am trying to delete i-frames exactly like the video link below. to create the desired pixel disruption.
http://youtu.be/tYf3EWMuHH0

styrol

And Avidemux 2.5.2 does not do the job for you? It runs on 10.5.

TNDRV

2.5.2  would absolutely do the trick!
I can not get it to run.
It crashes immediately when I open it and i've tried downloading every version suggested.
If I showed you the messages in my utility console and "problem details" when it prompts the "problem report"
Will that clarify anything?

styrol

I will have a look on my Lion system (installed on a old MacBook Pro at home). Logs are not needed.

TNDRV

Thanks!
I'm on OSX 10.5.8 Leopard
Any help is immensely appreciated!