BUG: 2.6 Mpeg4 AVC (x264) Pixel Aspect Ratio setting

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, October 29, 2012, 12:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

This is broken for 2.6 on Mpeg4 AVC (x264) in x264 Configuration on Tab [Output 1] whatever you select on Pixel Aspect Ratio, you can't change it.
720 x 576 16:9 source comes out as 4:3  :'(
as reported in Re: Unable to keep aspect ratio Ã,« Reply #6

davidrnewman

I can confirm this bug in the x264 output.

However you set the pixel aspect ratio in the Output1 tab in x264 configuration, it sets it to 1:1. This really messes up recordings of UK TV, which use different aspect ratios for different programmes.

KoolAidMan

I fixed this in the patch below for custom and predefined pixel aspect ratios; however, the current 2.6/2.7 codebase made it very difficult for me to get the "as input" pixel aspect ratio without significantly changing some of the avidemux core.

http://avidemux.org/smuf/index.php/topic,11604.0.html

If mean reads this, I would like to propose adding parWidth and parHeight to the FilterInfo struct in ADM_coreVideoFilter.h so I can get the pixel aspect ratio data in ADM_x264. The reason I did not make this change myself was because I did not know if this is where you wanted it-- whether it was appropriate for the FilterInfo to have the pixel aspect ratio or whether it belongs somewhere else (or perhaps is already somewhere else).

JayMan

Has the "as input option is disabled" issue been fixed?

Jan Gruuthuse

It is hard to track when you revive old Postings (4 years). You better start new thread with your exact question.