Audio Track Name in Audio Tracks Configuration

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, September 13, 2013, 07:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

First of all thanks for this nice addition: keeping audio track names.
Perhaps in near future, when it fits in your planning: possibility to change the label under certain conditions?
In screen shot (mpeg-ts satellite recording) the Track 2 - mis is an Audio description for people with visual impairment.

For sometime in the future: handling/keeping subtitle stream(s): Open Source Media Center Software, handbrake and mplayer also have parts dealing with these.

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't know if there is a flag set in audio stream to recognize if audio Stream is for hearing/visually impaired (HI)
Quote0.51.0 - 2012/07/09
LAV Splitter
- Increased IO responsiveness on high-latency network connections
- Improved timestamp handling for MPEG-PS (.mpg/.vob/.evo)
- Improved support for H264 streams in SSIF MPEG-TS files
- Added an option to control the priority of audio streams for the hearing/visually impaired
- Added new flags to the advanced subtitle selection
  - "h" for hearing impaired
  - "n" for normal streams (no flags)
  - "!" NOT operator for inverting the meaning of the flags
http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/source/browse/CHANGELOG.txt
If there is a flag, perhaps an enable/disable [v] to mark track as such?

Writing the label info is not enable yet, I suppose? Looks promising:

Freon

It would be very useful to be able to change the names of audio tracks. I have some AVIs with audio tracks in Russian and English, named "Track 1" and "Track 2." I would like to rename them "Russian" and "English" so that VLC can properly select the track based on the user's default language setting.

Jan Gruuthuse

This should be functional? Load video and in menu (textual) audio select the required audio label from within the 1st option there should be a drop down menu for each track with nearly every possible language. If described menu is not  found, it should be similar named. Don't have access to avidemux currently.