Just for curiosity: Avidemux frozen, r9045 from March latest build?

Started by fkuebler, August 07, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fkuebler

I did a front-cut editing on an 1080p mkv file with the following observations:

a) the original file plays well with VLC.
b) after reading it with the new Avidemux build 4470, I notice, that a new I-frame comes about every 600 msec, which I guess is somewhat unusual.
c) when playing in Avidemux, there is an periodic audio dropout about every 1..1.5 seconds. This may correlate with 2 I-frames.
d) after cutting the first 30 seconds and saving into a new mkv file, this has an audio dropout about every 5 seconds.
e) I have attached the MediaInfo of the mkv file before and after the editing operation.

f) the original mkv file can be Handbraked into an mp4 without any problem, resulting in a new I-frame about every 10 seconds.
g) this mp4 file can be front-cut with Avidemux without any resulting audio problems.

Just in case you wish further testing or information, I will keep the original mkv file for some time.

Jan Gruuthuse

r09045? is a year old. Avidemux build 4470? is this build from source or something else?
Can you try Avidemux2.6_r9052.dmg   10-Feb-2015 19:11   20M
Sometimes re-muxing with latest mkvmerge GUI (v7.7.0 'Six voices') sorts out mkv issues.

fkuebler

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 11, 2015, 06:17:40 PM
r09045? is a year old. Avidemux build 4470? is this build from source or something else?
Can you try Avidemux2.6_r9052.dmg   10-Feb-2015 19:11   20M

I had indeed used the Feb 10 build (it tells 4470 in "About").

QuoteSometimes re-muxing with latest mkvmerge GUI (v7.7.0 'Six voices') sorts out mkv issues.

Thank you. But I was not trying to get help (I solved the problem acc. to f) and g) in my post), but I wanted to report a potential bug, FWIW.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: fkuebler on March 11, 2015, 06:24:23 PM
Sometimes re-muxing with latest mkvmerge GUI (v7.7.0 'Six voices') sorts out mkv issues.
Ok, the github #hash far right part of it, always have difficulties using these: github shows on there website only the left side of it ;)
https://github.com/mean00?tab=activity

QuoteThank you. But I was not trying to get help (I solved the problem acc. to f) and g) in my post), but I wanted to report a potential bug, FWIW.
Sometimes I do come across similar audio issue. if the video loads in avidemux, I select in menu: audio the needed audio track(s), one by one and save the audio.
Then load the converted video and then in audio using menu: audio add track replace the faulty audio track(s).