News:

--

Main Menu

Aspect Ratio won't unlock

Started by Peter S, June 03, 2016, 11:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter S

I have just installed Avidemux (64-bit for W8.1) in order to convert a pair of VOB files (originally cine film put on to DVD) to MP4.

All is going well, except that the output video picture is slightly squashed horizontally.  Opening the swsResize filter, I estimate I need to change the size from 720x576 to 760x576.  And unlock the Aspect Ratio.  BUT when I then OK and then reopen the Resize box, the Aspect Ratio has locked again, and the Height increased accordingly (even though in the Active Filters list, the new size is still shown as I wanted it).  And if I do the conversion, the picture is still squashed.

How do I get round this, please?  (I have tried switching to 32-bit - no difference.)

mean

AQUAR

That is the usual behaviour when you re-open the swsResize filter.
That is - the aspect ratio will be locked and the vertical will be resized to the horizontal to meet the locked aspect ratio.

But it should still resize as per the resize parameters set, and shown, in the active filter list (does for me!).

Peter S

Well, this time it resized as required.  No obvious reason why it didn't before, but thank you for the reassurance that it ought to!