Logfile stored in romaing part of the profile instead of the local part

Started by achim71, May 05, 2017, 12:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: achim71 on May 06, 2017, 10:57:46 PM
Modified the patch abit added a few ifdef __WIN32's to avidemux/qt4/ADM_userInterfaces/ui_support.cpp because the ADM_getLogDir function does only exist for the windows build and will therefore cause an error during build on other platforms.

This was noticed and fixed yesterday.

QuoteFor win32 if baseDir and logDir are different, now admlog.txt get's copied from logDir to baseDir. I did not yet append an timestamp to the copied file.

Thank you, may I push a patch incl. the timestamp part based on yours? Timestamp is necessary because else the copy will fail if admlog.txt already exists.

achim71

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on May 07, 2017, 09:30:36 AM
Thank you, may I push a patch incl. the timestamp part based on yours? Timestamp is necessary because else the copy will fail if admlog.txt already exists.
Of course. I avoided the timestamp because it would lead to an growing number of logfiles in the AppData folder while only one should be required for support purpose. I did not catch that QFile::copy does not overwrite.

eumagga0x2a

I hope that the menu option to open the application data folder is used seldom enough, so the number of log copies there will remain low. If this does cause concern, it would be trivial to through away the timestamp code and simply remove admlog.txt prior to copying.

mean

eumagga0x2a

Implemented and pushed (admlog.txt -> admlog_old.txt for convenience).