--

Main Menu

2 bugs were found

Started by maxspeed, July 31, 2019, 04:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxspeed

The first issue:
hey today i was trying some stuff to fix out of sync audio file
unfortunately avidemux wasn't able to do the job on it's won because the result from "save track" wasn't playable
i was able to demux the mkv file without any issues using MKVtoolnix + gMKVExtractGUI
here is the original file
Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC LC SBR
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
Commercial name             : HE-AAC
Format settings             : Explicit
Codec ID                    : A_AAC-2
Duration                    : 1 h 50 min
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel layout              : L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 23.438 FPS (2048 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Default                     : Yes
Forced                      : No

here is the mediainfo for the unplayable file which was produced by avidemux

Format                      : ADTS
Format/Info                 : Audio Data Transport Stream
File size                   : 28.7 MiB
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable

Audio
Format                      : AAC Main
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version              : Version 4
Codec ID                    : 1
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel layout              : L R
Sampling rate               : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                  : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 28.7 MiB (100%)

the second issue:
after synchronizing the audio i faced one more trouble
after muxing the files with avidemux i noticed that the audio goes out of sync during the movie
so i used MKVtoolnix one more time by selecting the video stream then in "timestamps and default duration" box i chose a value of "24000/1001p" from dropdown menu in "Default duration/FPS"
can we have something similar in avidemux?

here is the result after muxing with MKVtoolnix and re-saved it by Avidemux:
Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High@L4.1
Format settings             : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, Reference  : 4 frames
Codec ID                    : avc1
Codec ID/Info               : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                    : 1 h 43 min
Bit rate                    : 1 050 kb/s
Width                       : 1 280 pixels
Height                      : 714 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Original display aspect rat : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Variable
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Minimum frame rate          : 23.976 FPS
Maximum frame rate          : 24.000 FPS
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.048
Stream size                 : 775 MiB (94%)
Writing library             : x264 core 157
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=18 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=1050 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=31250 / vbv_bufsize=31250 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Codec configuration box     : avcC

eumagga0x2a

Regarding the first issue: did you try with the latest version which is 2.7.4 r190729? I guess exactly this issue was tackled recently and should not happen with current builds.

Regarding the second one, please try with the most recent nightly and if the issue persists, please compress and attach admlog.txt from loading the source video file (providing a sample might be necessary nevertheless).

maxspeed

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on July 31, 2019, 05:13:05 AM
Regarding the first issue: did you try with the latest version which is 2.7.4 r190729? I guess exactly this issue was tackled recently and should not happen with current builds.

Regarding the second one, please try with the most recent nightly and if the issue persists, please compress and attach admlog.txt from loading the source video file (providing a sample might be necessary nevertheless).
i used Avidemux 2.7.3 final. there are nightly builds?
sorry i didn't realize that i will look for it thanks
edit:
after testing i can confirm the first issue was fixed in "avidemux_2.7.4 r190729"
for the second issue i can't really reproduce it since i don't have out of sync files currently with variable bitrate.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: maxspeed on July 31, 2019, 04:48:03 AM
after muxing the files with avidemux i noticed that the audio goes out of sync during the movie so i used MKVtoolnix one more time by selecting the video stream then in "timestamps and default duration" box i chose a value of "24000/1001p" from dropdown menu in "Default duration/FPS"
can we have something similar in avidemux?

As far as I know, the default duration is used only when other timestamps are missing, so this is not a solution. Some codecs include also timing information embedded into the stream itself (even if technically separate from the compressed picture data) which means that a consistent solution would require recreating a significant part of the video stream and recalculating the PTS of each frame.

The case you describe is most likely not related to variable audio bitrate.

However, given the abundance of videos produced by Avidemux with timestamps based on incorrect FPS values or with jitter from bad strategies for dealing with irregular frame durations, the ability to manipulate / to repair streams exhibiting such issues would be very desirable. It would require extensive changes in the codebase, e.g. a transition of the internal timestamp representation from an unsigned 64 bits integer to a rational.