Script Error: Exception: (_tp_dict_get) KeyError: splitext

Started by Grim Reaper, January 11, 2022, 09:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 17, 2022, 05:26:34 PMAfter 'Liba52' supposedly successfully installed

Proof, please:

brew install a52dec && brew ls -v a52dec

Grim Reaper

brew install a52dec && brew ls -v a52dec
Running `brew update --preinstall`...
==> Auto-updated Homebrew!
Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core).
==> Updated Formulae
Updated 5 formulae.

Warning: a52dec 0.7.4 is already installed and up-to-date.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 17, 2022, 05:26:34 PMI installed libmp4v2 and ran the installer build script again and this is the output:

+ make package
Run CPack packaging tool...
CPack: Create package using DragNDrop
CPack: Install projects
CPack: - Run preinstall target for: AvidemuxBundle
CPack: - Install project: AvidemuxBundle []
CPack: Create package
CPack: - package: /Users/admin1/avidemux2/installer/Avidemux 2.8.1 Qt5 220117-13h24m_50b041949cc.dmg generated.
+ echo '** ALL DONE **'
** ALL DONE **

This means you have successfully compiled Avidemux 2.8.1 on Mojave. You should move the file "Avidemux 2.8.1 Qt5 220117-13h24m_50b041949cc.dmg" away from the "installer" subdirectory of "avidemux2", else it will be deleted next time you run the bootstrap script.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 17, 2022, 05:26:34 PMAfter 'Liba52' supposedly successfully installed, it can't be found:

pkg-config --exists --print-errors liba52
Package liba52 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

I've checked now, and this is nothing to be concerned about. a52dec doesn't integrate with pkg-config, and Avidemux doesn't use pkg-config to find this library.

Grim Reaper

I ran the Avidemux2.8.1 dmg installer app the installer script built. The Avidemux2.8.1 app icon has a circle with a line through it.  I installed the Avidemux2.8.1 the installer script built, when I ran it this was the result:

You can't use this version of the application "Avidemux_2.8.1.app" with this version of macOS.
You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15 or later.

It must be checking for MacOS 10.15 or newer to run. Is there somewhere in the installer build script's files and/or the Avidemux2.8.1 app's files where that check can be edited/commented out?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 17, 2022, 10:37:41 PMYou have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15 or later.

Have you forgotten to export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.14 in the Terminal tab where you ran the bootstrap script to produce the disk image? The default target is 10.15.

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

Thanks for the immense amount of assistance you've provided to me.

Avidemux2.8.1 successfully ran under Mojave and processed a file using 'splitext' in the .py script. Now there won't be a double file extension after file processing.

I compared Avidemux2.8.1 to Avidemux2.7.7 and found that audio output formats AAC (Faac), AC3 (Aften), Vorbus available in 2.7.7 aren't available in 2.8.1. Is that intentional?

Is the subtitle function available in the Avidmux2.8.1 that was created?

Is it possible to make the Avidemux2.8.1 for Mojave that I now have available to others through the Avidemux forum or elsewhere?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 18, 2022, 01:22:09 AMI compared Avidemux2.8.1 to Avidemux2.7.7 and found that audio output formats AAC (Faac), AC3 (Aften), Vorbus available in 2.7.7 aren't available in 2.8.1. Is that intentional?

Vorbis encoder missing was an unintentional omission. To make it available, please

brew install libvorbis
and, if this succeeds, rebuild Avidemux.

FAAC and Aften are somewhat inferior in quality to already available alternatives, so that they can be seen as redundant and IMHO safely skipped. If you want them nevertheless, install them in Homebrew too before rebuilding Avidemux.

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 18, 2022, 01:22:09 AMIs the subtitle function available in the Avidmux2.8.1 that was created?

It should be available, but half-broken (font selection broken due to the internal libass being a very old version).

Quote from: Grim Reaper on January 18, 2022, 01:22:09 AMIs it possible to make the Avidemux2.8.1 for Mojave that I now have available to others through the Avidemux forum or elsewhere?

While GPL explicitly allows redistribution as long as the source (i.e. also all your modifications to the source) is made available, providing binaries of encoders and even decoders for some codecs like HEVC may pose a problem in some countries due to software patents.

Grim Reaper

I installed libvorbis, aften.
I tried installing libass again. The libass install was supposedly successful.

I ran the MacOS installer build script without directing it to use internal libass.

The installer build found external libass:

-- Checking libass external lib ...
-- Checking for module 'libass'
--   Found libass, version 0.15.2
--    found, lib is -L/usr/local/Cellar/libass/0.15.2/lib;-lass

The avidemux2.8.1 MacOS installer build script successfully completed. I suppose this means that this avidemux2.8.1 build includes the full-featured external libass.

eumagga0x2a

I don't believe in miracles but like them nevertheless :-)

Grim Reaper

I, too, don't believe in miracles. Is there a way to determine if a miracle occurred with external libass?

eumagga0x2a

This is the patch, pushed a few hours ago to the Homebrew repository, which was responsible for the miracle:

gobject-introspection: fix doctemplates error

Grim Reaper

If that had occurred before we embarked upon the journey of building the MacOS avidemux2.8.1 installer for Mojave it would have made the task a lot less frustrating and time/life wasting, at least it is done now. I am thankful for that 'miracle' even though I don't believe in miracles.