timelapses videos crashes Avidemux 2.8.1 Qt6 after AUTO > PSP

Started by _thefixer, April 10, 2022, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_thefixer

I'm using Avidemux 2.8.1 Qt6 220209-08h29m_588c8f3e649 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7.

Every time I try to reduce file size and resolution using the auto option, the app crashes just after selecting PSP option.

It just happens with PSP option on time lapses videos recorded on 3 types of Motorola's mobiles and the Xiaomi sportcam. Other options from AUTO menu are working very fine.

Tried older versions as 2.7.9 and 2.8.0 and got the same issue.

I attached the popup error and the txt dump.

eumagga0x2a

This happens because the shipped version of the "PSP" .py tinyPy script assumes at least one audio track to be present. Please use the attached version with a check added (x264 and MP4 muxer options in the script are still outdated, but this is not critical).

(I am pretty suprised that someone is still using this functionality...)

_thefixer

@eumagga0x2a

Do you mind zipping it? All my browsers are blocking the download of .py.
Also, why your surprise? It is a wonderful solution as so the app at all.

eumagga0x2a

Browsers are not blocking download of a Python script, it is most probably a bug in the webserver which hosts this forum which fails to handle HTTP/2 requests properly. Unfortunately, at least Safari doesn't allow to disable HTTP/2, but Firefox does – set network.http.spdy.enabled.http2 to false and restart the browser. Else just pick the script from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mean00/avidemux2/master/avidemux_plugins/ADM_autoScrips/PSP.py

The fix will be present in future nightlies.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: _thefixer on April 11, 2022, 06:07:59 PMAlso, why your surprise?

Because the script was created to convert anamorphic standard resolution sources like video DVDs for a device which is now also a thing of the past.

_thefixer

Thanks for the explanation about the surprise.

About the script, I can download it (thanks for the git link) but I truly don't know how to execute it to fix my issue. I looked at the documentation before asking you this: how can I apply it, please? 

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: _thefixer on April 12, 2022, 01:14:04 AMI looked at the documentation before asking you this

There is no documentation other than the source code for this (in general, it is better to ignore the Wiki for now and probably also in the midterm), but common sense to the rescue: if you installed the app bundle to /Applications, you need to replace

/Applications/Avidemux_2.8.1.app/Contents/MacOS/ADM_plugins6/autoScripts/PSP.py
with the fixed version (I have to format the path as code to escape faulty URL detection in this version of Simple Machines forum sw).

_thefixer

It is working beautifully. Many thanks!
That script affects in any way the playback sync? Because just after applying it, during the regular video playback, the video track is slower than the audio. Very odd...

_thefixer