Combining separate audio and video files together

Started by AndrewSmith, November 06, 2022, 10:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewSmith

Sometimes the only way to download a video is to use an app such as JDownloader and obtain separate audio and video file components of what gets sent through to the player.

What would be really neat is if we could point the Avidemux app to both files and have it mux them both together into the one container format.  That would be a very cool thing to have, and I haven't seen anything else be able to do it. 

(tappity-tap: just did some google-fu before hitting the 'post' button and found a "Video & Audio Muxer" extension that does it within a chrome browser.  Still, I'd rather have it inside the app.)

I'll just leave this with you guys.

RocketJet

AviDemux can load audio from a separate file.
First load the video file, then:
MENU - Audio - Select Track
Put a tick on the enable box for the first audio track.
Click in the adjacent box and select "Add audio track".
The rest of the process should be self explanatory.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: RocketJet on November 06, 2022, 11:30:31 PMAviDemux can load audio from a separate file.
First load the video file, then:
MENU - Audio - Select Track

Not applicable for the task.

@AndrewSmith:

No need for any browser extensions, use yt-dlp with ffmpeg executable in $PATH or specified via the --ffmpeg-location option.

Avidemux supports only raw audio streams (WAV, MP2, MP3, AC3, EAC3, DTS and AAC) while separate audio streams are delivered by online video platforms in containers (MP4 or WebM) or as MPEG-TS.

AndrewSmith

Quote from: RocketJet on November 06, 2022, 11:30:31 PMNo need for any browser extensions, use yt-dlp with ffmpeg executable in $PATH or specified via the --ffmpeg-location option.

I believe that requires typing rather than GUI point and click?  :-)

Elstar`

You can also use

ffmpeg -i infile.mp4 -i infile.m4a -codec copy -o outfile.mp4

if you don't want to redownload. You can losslessly convert m4a to aac with it too,

ffmpeg -i infile.m4a -codec copy -o outfile.aac

(download latest ffmpeg from http://ffmpeg.org/download.html - it's pretty stable)

I wonder, is it that hard to implement direct import of aac in mp4 container (m4a) though...