Wish: A filter to remove identical frames from a video

Started by tkalfaoglu, June 11, 2023, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkalfaoglu

Sometimes when I'm recording something from the internet, the video pauses for 5-10 seconds and then resumes from where it left off. I would LOVE a filter that would remove these pauses from the resulting video. I couldn't find any other tool either for Linux..

Many thanks, -turgut

sark

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: tkalfaoglu on June 11, 2023, 11:54:17 AMSometimes when I'm recording something from the internet, the video pauses for 5-10 seconds and then resumes from where it left off.

Waiting for frames to arrive should not affect the capture in any way unless you are recording something by means of screen grab, which is in general a horribly wrong approach.

If the video has also an audio track, no video filter in Avidemux will help here because they all operate on video only, thus introducing A/V desync each time a frame is skipped. IIRC, "Decimate" won't help even if there is no audio track as it preserves timing.

What you need is a function to seek to suspected fully static moments in the video, with the user evaluating each such location and manually deleting bad parts.

tkalfaoglu

sark

I've had success in the past with a combination of Decimate and Resample FPS. As mentioned by eumagga0x2a, audio may likely be an issue.