2.8.2 default output directory

Started by blazini36, June 24, 2024, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazini36

I just re-did my Manjaro install as I've had some odd issues in the past since the previous setup was Manjaro-gnome and I use alot of KDE stuff so I just went with Manjaro-KDE, Plasma this time. I installed the Avidemux-qt6-git package from the AUR repo and it's fine except I can't figure out how to get the old behavior of the default output directory back. I guess it just defaulted to the last used output directory since I don't remember doing anything and it always just chose the same output directory I always use. Now it always defaults to the input directory and I don't see anyway to change that. Preferences just has "default to the directory of last read file for saving", which sounds like the input directory which is what I don't want but it doesn't seem to matter. Anyway to get it back to the old behavior?

eumagga0x2a

Does an Avidemux build off the current git master (or the ffmpeg7x branch which should be merged soon if no new grave problems emerge) exhibit the same issue? I cannot reproduce it at least on GNOME, at least with qgnomeplatform* packages removed (known to break file dialogs).

Do the values of use_last_read_dir_as_target and lastdir_write within lastfiles in ~/.config/avidemux6/config3 match the desired ones?

In general, I would recommend going back to Qt5 for Avidemux for now as Qt6 > 6.3.0 has broken at least OpenGL display code (OpenGL filters still work) and I don't have an idea for a fix ATM.

blazini36

It pulls from this repo https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2.git then grabs various patches.

"use_last_read_dir_as_target" : false,

"lastdir_write" : is correct, last output file was to ~/Videos which is where I always want it to output.

I did have issues with Avidemux on gnome which went away at some point, probably when I removed qgnomeplatform but I had alot of issues with other Qt apps, randomly with gnome. Like I use Dolphin file manager which eventually broke on the gnome install.

I'll switch to the Qt5 git version. I usually don't have issues with the non-git versions but last I checked they were missing hardware accelerated filters

blazini36

I installed the qt5 git version and it went back to working as before so I suppose there is something with Qt6