News:

--

Main Menu

Brightness adjustment not saving

Started by Chev57, July 19, 2024, 08:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chev57

Hi, I adjusted brightness, the preview looked good, then at the bottom of the "video filter manager" box it says "press ctrl+return to accept the dialogue". I pressed ctrl+enter (there's no key labeled "return"). The box disappears and the resulting video is still dark. How do I apply my changes? Thanks

sark

To view filter effects in the main preview window, you must enable the filter preview button (to right of Info button) in toolbar. Also, the filter will only display during playback.
Note: The filter will be applied during export, regardless of whever the button is enabled or not.

eumagga0x2a

Just to clear the confusion:

Quote from: Chev57 on July 19, 2024, 08:32:09 PMI pressed ctrl+enter

The Enter key is usually the one on the number pad when using a fully-fledged computer keyboard. The key with the line feed + carriage return symbol (arrow going down and then pointing to the left) is the Return key.

sark

Also, you don't have to press any keys. As long as your filter appears in the right hand pane of the Filter Manager dialogue (under Active Filters) you can just hit the Close button to close the dialogue, and all filters should be applied.

Finally, are you using the latest 2.8.2 version of Avidemux? This now has a green indicator on the filter preview button on the main toolbar. It is now much easier to confirm the button is on. That wasn't always the case.