News:

--

Main Menu

Configuration defaults

Started by sark, July 19, 2024, 10:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sark

In the Configuration dialogue there are pre-installed custom settings (PSP, fast, iPhone etc). There appears to be no way of deleting these undesired presets. Even deleting the folder the .json files are stored in fails to remove them, as they just regenerate on reopening AVD.
Is there some important reason these included custom presets must be included?

eumagga0x2a

The source of the default presets for the x264 encoder plugin are pluginSettings/x264/3/*.json files in Avidemux plugin directory. They are copied to the Avidemux profile during application launch. Delete these presets from the source directory to get rid of them.

Quote from: sark on July 19, 2024, 10:33:32 PMIs there some important reason these included custom presets must be included?

Merely out of respect for all the work put into these presets many years ago by Mean and various contributors. The existence of the presets never bothered me, but I agree that the inability to permanently remove them from the Avidemux profile using plugin configuration GUI doesn't feel right.

sark

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on July 19, 2024, 11:40:39 PMThe source of the default presets for the x264 encoder plugin are pluginSettings/x264/3/*.json files in Avidemux plugin directory. They are copied to the Avidemux profile during application launch. Delete these presets from the source directory to get rid of them.

That's the issue. The .json files regenerate on relaunch of AVD. It actually occurs when you hit the Configure button.

It's not a deal breaker. I'm not going to switch to Premier because of it  ;D ... but when you have three, or four of your own presets they get jumbled up alphabetically with those defaults. It just seems odd that there is a Delete button, but you cannot delete these default presets.

sark

SOLVED:

If I install the executable version, instead of the zip version of Avidemux, I can delete the .json files without them regenerating

eumagga0x2a

Looks like one bug correcting another. Will look into it.

sark

I did some more digging. It is not a bug.

The pluginSettings folder appears in two locations:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\pluginSettings\x264\3

If you delete the .json files from the above location they regenerate on entering the Configure dialogue.

They also appear at:

C:\Programs Files\Avidemux\plugins\pluginSettings\x264\3

When deleted from the above location they no longer regenerate.
So it is just a case of deleting from both locations.

For some reason the Delete option in the Configure dialogue, deletes the files in the first location, but not the second. Hence, they just regenerate. Not a bug, but it makes no sense.... On second thoughts, maybe that is a bug?