Avidemux Forum

Avidemux => MacOSX => Topic started by: SquidgyBidge on August 27, 2026, 08:02:52 AM

Title: Apple killing off support for Intel based Apps
Post by: SquidgyBidge on August 27, 2026, 08:02:52 AM
I am getting repeated warnings that Apple will be killing off support for Intel based Apps. Will be there be native downloadable build for Silcon based Macs?

I've seen people talking on other threads about building/compiling their own version of Avidemux. Unfortunately this is not something in my skillset. I haven't done any coding since using basic on a BBC micro in the 90s and even then I was crap at that.

Looking at other threads I have the feeling the answer is a definitive no. If that is the case does anyone know of any similar apps for Mac to Avidemux that would allow me to cut adverts out of .ts TV broadcasts. They don't need to be as good as Avidemux, but something poorer is better than nothing at all.
Title: Re: Apple killing off support for Intel based Apps
Post by: eumagga0x2a on September 02, 2026, 09:29:22 PM
Quote from: SquidgyBidge on August 27, 2026, 08:02:52 AMI haven't done any coding since using basic on a BBC micro in the 90s and even then I was crap at that.

Exactly zero coding is involved in compiling Avidemux on macOS.

Unfortunately, as far as I understand the situation, the legal and technical framework that requires to be a registered Apple developer to distribute an arm64 (Apple Silicon) macOS app rules out the chance of an end-user friendly solution at least for the near future.
Title: Re: Apple killing off support for Intel based Apps
Post by: SquidgyBidge on September 10, 2026, 05:11:04 PM
Thank you for the info, much appreciated.
Title: Re: Apple killing off support for Intel based Apps
Post by: peewee.hannover on September 13, 2026, 09:53:32 AM
Hey,

I compiled avidemux 2.8 for Arm64 and uploaded the installer DMG to Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1m9dmQjbi0eBIDhuUPwgobt-mZHu3Pcb5?usp=sharing

I gave it a small test run and it works ;)
Title: Re: Apple killing off support for Intel based Apps
Post by: Scarrafone on September 17, 2026, 10:55:42 AM
Hey,
Ich habe eine IMac mit M1 und Goldengate System
Leider funktioniert es nicht