News:

--

Main Menu

Fraps and Avidemux problem

Started by Julien, December 31, 2011, 06:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julien

Hi,

I'm encountering a problem with Avidemux when joining and rendering multiple Fraps files. In the rendered video, there is a slight "hiccup" on a few occasions right where Fraps started a new 4GB file. It sounds like two or three frames of an invalid audio file and the video jumps, even though I can't see any actual dropped frames. It seems a few frames are just mixed up.
Sometimes it's not noticeable, but most of the time it is, and I'm wondering if I can fix this with some setting I have yet to change.

When rendering the same Fraps files in VirtualDub, everything works just fine, no hiccups, no stuttering. So I'm guessing the Fraps files are fine and maybe Avidemux is just having trouble joining them.

Any help would be appreciated, because I really want to keep Avidemux as my encoding program. Thanks in advance!

Julien

edit:
Of course I forgot to mention my settings... I'm encoding in x264 on CRF 23, Lame MP3 at 256 kbit/s and muxing it to AVI. Now a generous helper told me to change the AVI to MKV and MP3 to Vorbis - I'm testing it out right now, let's see if it changes anything.

Agent_007

Does AVIdemux log complain something when you join the files?
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

Julien

I'm afraid not, everything appears to work fine, until I check the rendered video at the joining marks, then there's a few mixed up frames.

I did test it like my helper told me, MKV container with x264 at CRF23 with Vorbis quality-based sound at 8.0, and there it is again. What's fascinating: the frame-mixup doesn't happen on every joining mark, just every third or fourth clip. I ran it twice to see if it's always the same marks, but apparently, it changes from time to time. On the first try, it was messed up on the fourth clip, on the second try it was already the transition from first to second clip and so on.

For the time being, I'm going to have to rely on VirtualDub even though I like working with Avidemux a lot better. Maybe someday someone will be able to help me on this. Thanks anyway!

Agent_007

If you are going to encode both video and audio, you can use AVIsynth input (it should work with joined files).
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

sp00n

I'm having the same issue, there's a small freeze on the conjunction points of the mergerd Fraps files.

Happens both on H.264 AVI and H.264 MP4. I think earlier versions of AviDemux didn't have that issue (I'm not entirely sure though).

Jan Gruuthuse

Try appending the Fraps desktop recordings before any editing, when appended select your start cutting point, only with cursor up/down arrow, mark with A. Do the same for end cutting point and mark with B. This is the piece you want to cut out. Now from keyboard press simultaneous these keys [Ctrl][x], the marked piece shoud been cut out. Press play to view before and after the cut. Then save, see if this did improve the cut?