[SOLVED] Help installing Avidemux on Vector Linux 7.0 please.

Started by Fleabag, January 01, 2012, 10:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleabag

Agent_007

I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

Fleabag

Agent_007

I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

Fleabag

The only file there has nothing whatsoever to do with Avidemux.

Jan Gruuthuse

Could not find either log file after compiling 2.5.6. Just some cmake log, and this is not telling complete story. Try changing Terminal Profile Preferences in its menu Edit: Scrolling: Scrollback: [v] Unlimited.
After compiling you should then be able to copy the complete terminal output:
Edit: Select All
Edit: Copy
Paste then content in Editor and see if you find any error above what you posted.

nibbles

Problem: When he installs avidemux, he is using a slapt-get prebuilt package that is missing all the ADM_plugins.  Avidemux won't log either.
Solution:  VectorLinux 7 is a debian clone.  Slapt-get remove avidemux.  Slapt-get all deps.  Download avidemux-2.5.6.tar.gz.  Bootstrap.

Fleabag

The end result of that solution is:

doctor:$ bootStrap
bash: bootStrap: command not found

and yes - I have it set to run as a program.

nibbles

The solution is not to type "VectorLinux 7 is a debian clone" into your terminal and see what happens.
The solution is not to type "Slapt-get remove avidemux" into your terminal and see what happens.
The solution is not to type "Slapt-get all deps" into your terminal and see what happens.
The solution is not to type "Download avidemux-2.5.6.tar.gz" into your terminal and see what happens.
The solution is not to type "Bootstrap" into your terminal and see what happens.

Do I make my self clear?

Fleabag

Perfectly, but fortunately someone has FINALLY managed to place a copy of Avidemux 2.5.6 into the Vector Linux repositories which DOES install correctly  ;D.