News:

--

Main Menu

Please Help Me

Started by B_M_T-D, February 28, 2012, 02:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_T-D

Ok, I have a video that I want to put on a video DVD. Now I have done this once before and when I opened the video in Windows Media Player I couldn't hear the audio. Then I used Avidemux and I could hear the audio which allowed me to put it on a DVD that my DVD player would use. Now I want to do that to some other videos I have, but I don't remember how to do it. This has been awhile ago, and I think the program might have changed since I used it last since I didn't recognize the options when I re-downloaded the program. I can open the video in Avidemux and it asks me to unpack the bitstream, I choose yes. Then I am told that there are multiple audio tracks and to go to the audio option to check the main audio. I do that and am able to play the video and hear the audio just fine. Now once I have done that, I don't know how to put it onto a video DVD. Anyone who can help me out I really appreciate it. Thanks, Brianna

Jan Gruuthuse

B_M_T-D

That didn't help me out. I need a step by step guide. Thanks for trying.

Jan Gruuthuse

Test with small sample, mark 10 seconds from loaded videoclip.
Output Format: Select MPEG-PS Muxer (ff) and save videclip with .vob extension. If this failed to provide a usable video file for on dvd:
Avidemux menu: Auto: DVD: Select MPEG-PS Muxer (ff) and save videclip with .vob extension.

B_M_T-D

I have no idea how to do any of that. I don't know much if anything about computers. I think that there was a way to load a file choose to put it on a Video DVD and then it would configure the file and save it so that you could play it with sound and burn it onto a DVD that would play on a DVD player. It was something really simple because I was able to do it. LOL. Sorry I'm such a hard case.  :(

Jan Gruuthuse

Open avidemux, drag and drop concerned video clip on it.
Mark A with [ from keyboard
Use Up Arrow until time shows approx 00:00:10.000
Mark B with ] from keyboard
you've now marked a 10 seconds from that video clip
from Avidemux main menu: Auto: DVD
Left bottom corner in Output Format change AVI Muxer to Mpeg-PS Muxer (ff)
from Avidemux main menu: File: Save with this name: Test.vob

Test.vob should be a usable file for DVD, see if that works for you?