News:

--

Main Menu

frame accuracy and vlc question

Started by 95girl, February 28, 2012, 10:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

95girl

Hi.i'm using vlc to play my videos.Recently,I converted a video to mkv but when I played it on Vlc I read 'avidemux' and,scared,I closed the program immediately,without seeing if the video displayed.Also,how about the frame accuracy pop up?i click yes,but will I lose quality of the video?

styrol

QuoteAlso,how about the frame accuracy pop up?i click yes,but will I lose quality of the video?
Avidemux 2.5 is dealing with frame number and does not care about timecodes, which might produce AV sync issues. You don't lose quality by opening a file in one or the other way, but you will lose quality by re-encoding the file.

Quotebut when I played it on Vlc I read 'avidemux'
??
'Avidemux' does not sound scaring to me...

95girl

Simple,it isn't my mac so 'avidemux' is strange in vlc.how to solve this?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: 95girl on February 28, 2012, 10:02:02 PM
... but when I played it on Vlc I read 'avidemux' and,scared,I closed the program ...
Did you name the videofile "avidemux" and was vlc showing the filename near the bottom of the screen?

95girl

nibbles

It is unclear to me what the first issue is, after reading your post.  Can I ask you to explain some things for me, please?  It will help us to help you.

Quotei'm using vlc to play my videos.

Ok are you on Mac OSX Lion?  Are you using the really new VLC-2.0.0 from http://videolan.org ?

QuoteRecently,I converted a video to mkv

What program did you use to convert your video?  Did your video start off as an avi or a flv or wmv, or what type was it?

Quotebut when I played it on Vlc I read 'avidemux'

We will figure that part out for you after you reply.  Good luck.  I hope we can help.

kenshin3it

After an encoding avidemux writes its name in the "Name Field Tag" of your video, even if you save it with correct name.
If you want check it, use mediainfo which can read tags of video file.
iMac 24\" Intel Core 2 Duo@2.4GHz - OSX 10.6.1

95girl

I updated vlc last week.i converted an flv from youtube to mkv.i need to:
Crop black boards
Vertical flip
Rotate by 180
Mplayer resize (lanczos)
I'll need to re encode it,because it doesn't allow me to do the things abovein 'copy' mode