News:

--

Main Menu

2.6 not working with 59fps material

Started by rykr, February 29, 2012, 11:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rykr

First let me say that I love avidemux and I really appreicate all the work that has been done. 

I have a collection of tv shows and tv movies that I'm cutting the commercials out of and then muxing them into an mkv container before pushing them through handbrake for compressing with h.264.  Most of my recordings that are 29fps work ok but many of them are 59 fps.    These are not working in various ways.

The most common failure is the mpeg indexing stopping too soon.  It indexes anywhere from 10-30% of the movie and then shows the video as if its ready.  The only thing is that it thinks the movie is only a few minutes long. One movie indexes for just 2-3 seconds.

The other issue I'm seeing is I have a 29fps 1080i show. After trimming I try to save it out with the mkv muxer and it saves to about 50% and then declares that the file was not properly saved.  Plenty of drive space.  I'm trying to mpeg p+s muxer now but it's not doing what I expect. I have video and audio both set to copy (so no re-encoding I would think) but the muxing is only going at like 16fps. 

Anyway, I knwo it's a experimental and I'm not complaining at all.  When it works it's beautiful!  And this is Windows 7 x64 using the x64 build of avidemux r7745.  If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Reggie

mean