MPEG-TS 4:3 -> 16:9 Not Working v. 2.6 7745

Started by erlangernick, March 01, 2012, 04:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erlangernick

Hi, brand new here, etc. I profess ignorance as to which version I should try to use, I just downloaded 7745 because I thought it might be the most updated one for h264. Not sure even how to figure out which version might be better or if that's even a consideration.

I'm trying to fix an aspect ratio mistake while converting some mpg .ts files to h264 .mp4. I select PAL 16:9 on the Output 1 tab. It lets me select it, but the resulting .mp4 is 5:4, and the selection is back at the default Custom 1:1 when I go back to the Output tab.

Also a general question. If I have a bunch of such mistakenly 4:3 mpg .ts files, do I save any quality by demuxing them and changing the m2v header to 16:9, remuxing, and then converting to h264?

TIA!

Agent_007

If you are going to encode the video, the original aspect ratio doesn't really matter. AVIdemux opens all videos with 1:1 PAR.

When you encode, you can resize the video to proper aspect ratio or set the aspect ratio flag correctly. (well technically you could combine both methods, but that is not a good way to things)
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)