News:

--

Main Menu

AVCHD support

Started by dan_cro, March 05, 2012, 06:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan_cro

Hello!

I have tested new 2.6 beta release with AVCHD mts from my Canon HF M306 camcorder. It is exactly what AVCHD camcorder users needed.
Few notes/questions:
- video being imported seems to have lost interlaced info and/or fps info... When I import my 50i mts file it can be seen that it is interlaced, but when deinterlacing double frame rate is achieved (50 for normal and 100fps for bob deinterlacing). I also tried 25p material which is in fact stored as interlaced format and I am not sure what did I get as a result... I believe in every case the result has doubled each frame...?? Maybe I could drop every second frame in that 25p camera mode and achieve 25p correctly? X264 settings in attachment.
- upon opening file, avidemux automatically checks for similarly numbered files and asks for appending... but this fails... workaround is to manually append each file
- encoder fails in saving file if x264 IDC level is set to Auto
- video being imported is 1088 height, but this is easily cropped
- custom x264 configurations are not being saved completely... "Frame -> Adaptive B-frame Decision" and "Analysis -> Trellis Quantization" is not being remembered

If any files/samples are needed, I am more then willing to provide.

Regards!

Refrigerator

I have the same problems too with interlaced content and with PSF (Progressive segmented frame)... It transforms also the PSF 25fps to 50fps :(
That's why I suggested a simple weave deinterlacer for PSF videos.... It can put together the progressive fields without quality loss....

nibbles

Don't give up refrig.  You're idea may be worthy.   What you expect, what you saw, small example...

The B-frame issue is a known problem.  Nobody has yet spent enough time on it to prove to themselves and us what is happening.  So although the gui may show one thing, we still don't know what is actually being set for that.  Someone has to read the logs and trace it and analyze the video afterward with Mediainfo etc.

You might try to script some settings.
Thank you for attaching images to help us see what is happening.  At this point, people really should test 2.6 as much as they can.