[SOLVED] Closing the "Preview" window closes the "Filters" window.

Started by Fleabag, March 25, 2012, 11:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleabag

I have noticed that whenever I an editing any videos using the "Filters" option, I go to preview the end result, and when I close the "Preview" window, that closes the "Filters" window as well so that I have to reopen the "Filters" window to make any changes. But the strange thing is that when I close the the "Crop" filter preview, the "Filters" window does not close. Is there any way to resolve that situation (it didn't happen in Windows)?

Jan Gruuthuse

Please state used Avidemux version 2.5.4, 2.5.5, 2.5.6 or 2.6 and flavor QT or GTK?

Fleabag

The version is 2.5.6, but I don't know for sure what the "flavor" is.

Jan Gruuthuse

GTK:

QT:

Colors could be different: depends on your desktop settings.

Fleabag

Jan Gruuthuse

can you try this out with QT version /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4

Fleabag

doctor:$ /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4
bash: /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4: No such file or directory

nibbles

@Jan Is the GTK version is deprecated?  Somewhere I thought I read the Qt4 gui was preferred.
@fleabag I can't replicate this with the Qt4 gui filtering an avi+xvid+mp3.  I think Jan meant:

avidemux2_qt4

Fleabag

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: nibbles on March 28, 2012, 12:54:00 AM
@Jan Is the GTK version is deprecated?  Somewhere I thought I read the Qt4 gui was preferred.
Did read the same thing, QT preferred. GTK version is deprecated? Not that I'm aware of. Believe GTK is in transition GTK+ 3.4.0 <> GTK+ 2.24.9. I'm not a heavy filter user yet, but did not notice this behavior in QT.
QuoteI think Jan meant:
Sorry avidemux3 is 2.6  :-[